Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by TheLoneRanger:
"Cover me, I'm going in....."
grin.gif

I just had to buy something today, and I pulled the trigger on GLW (Corning) because of the chart pattern, combined with good news out of China. (The company was found not liable for dumping low-cost fiber optic cable on the China market, good for about a penny on earnings.)

GLW went south today, along with the rest of the market. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.....

I know my pF newsletter advised a sell on GLW, but I could find no real reason why. Hold on to this one, I'm up about 7% on it over all and plan for it to go even higher.

Wait until it gets closer to 2007 they are major player in diesel exhaust emissions controls that will be manditory in 2007.

I'm holding against the advice of the newsletter.

I took it in the shorts today....as in underwear.

My stocks were treated like yesterday's rubbish!

But I did decide to buy into EXM (contrary to Cudlow) and XXIA. Two losers destined to tank!

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Well Al - he did say IF we don't get a better grip on spending then we are all toast..........
shocked.gif

Yea..
frown.gif
And the problem is they (the politicians) won't get a handle on spending and we will be toast.
frown.gif

Touche' Al!!
wink.gif
Really astute! I love it...truly rich
grin.gif

Now I just spent a little time looking through my favs. Either there are some great buys or I'm a drunken monkey. Don't answer that.

Speak oh great Amkeer, SPEAK from beyond my firewal.......SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!

Is it time to buy or lay low...........? Some charts look sweet.
tongue.gif

Looking good!
grin.gif
Moving up and up
cheers.gif
Portfolio at + 11.13%
fruit.gif

I hear Carrie Lee (CNN's financial girl.....gosh, she is so HOT!
bowdown.gif
) say that if we can have the first 5 trading days of the new year in the green zone, then there is an 85% chance that the entire year will be a good one. Is there any truth to that??

P,

BUY dude.....BUYYYYY I tell ya! 05 is the year we all become millionaires!

Calm down Z. I know, MOBL is up.

Yes here's the stat as I know it: If the first 5 days are down, then only 3 years of the last 50+ years have been plus years. IOW if the first five days suck then good chance the rest of the year will suck.

There is no promise, however, if the first 5 days are up the rest of the year will be up.

key-rap!!

At least in Vegas sexy women walk buy, and you get free drinks.........

Anyone seen my a$$? I think I lost it.

I'm all in. Let her rip.

Hey, where are you guys? Did you break for the exits?

Who turned the lights off?

Seriously - all the stocks I own now I will hold through thick or thin. They are quality companies. Even LU!

Anyone check VASO today?

I can't figure this one out: TONS I made bux and sold...it keeps going UP!

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
key-rap!!

At least in Vegas sexy women walk buy, and you get free drinks.........

Anyone seen my a$$? I think I lost it.

I'm all in. Let her rip.

Hey, where are you guys? Did you break for the exits?

Who turned the lights off?

Yeah....they found your azz in a creek under a bridge. Mine was hanging from a lightpole.

I didn't mean buy MOBL.... I meant buy....buy now, whatever that might be, since it's supposed to be a good year.
rolleyes.gif

The first 2 trading days do not look very good at all. Three more to go!

As far as KKD......I would buy that sucker if I had some dough and after they sink even deeper. Americans like to eat a lot.....especially junk and unhealthy food. This Atkins crap will dissapear soon. Sugar and carbs are stronger that the will to look beatiful. Heck, if it wasn't for me buying so many of their doughnuts, they woould've gone bankrupt already!

One last thing. I was checking VASO today......but it doesn't seem to move. It's been at the same level for a long a33 time. Same for VIGN.
twak.gif

Pabs,

Overall indexes are breaking down technically. I was pretty sure the Dow Industrial would break the 11000 in early 05. I am 100% not in the market as of Tuesday morning. Closed out all longs. Should have started opening some shorts on Monday, but then I am not convinced that the market will tank at this point. So I will keep my eyes out for entries on the long side for now.

Oh, by the way congrats on the returns!
cheers.gif
I took a pretty good hit from April-August. My worst drawdown in 4 years of trading! I got to overconfident causing me to let up on rules. I finished the year strong though!

[ January 05, 2005, 02:06 AM: Message edited by: Amkeer ]

I got that chart site from Amkeer. He is the man.

But as usual I may not listen to him...and probably lose all my money. As I stated - I have some good companies and will hang long with them. (PS I'm not 100% in, my "all-in" quip was a bit of a play on poker words)

Anyone see the stupid Ford law suit, they sent a briefing to share owners. I own FCZ.

quote:

Originally posted by Amkeer:

Overall indexes are breaking down technically. I was pretty sure the Dow Industrial would break the 11000 in early 05. I am 100% not in the market as of Tuesday morning. Closed out all longs. Should have started opening some shorts on Monday, but then I am not convinced that the market will tank at this point. So I will keep my eyes out for entries on the long side for now.

Gosh you sound like me, is it going up or down, we don't know one day to the next.

What do you all think of MOT (motorola)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back