Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MS - Me too. The pundits say about $8-$10 is the price.....BTW those energy stocks you posted don't look to shabby. They just need to make some $.

Z - I'm none to worried about MOBL. Just sitting and watching at this point.

AMK- You woulda thunk I coulda got out of it. But the jury so far is composed of the MOST logical people. Interesting.

I LOVE Krispy Kreme donuts. That's a good marketing gimmick with the HOT NOW sign, that they put out when the donuts are fresh out of the oven. The thing is, they're always fresh because production continues throughout the day.....

I don't follow the stock closely, but in taking a fast look, it dosen't look like a screaming buy right now. Earnings look to be up maybe 18% next year, with a P/E of maybe 19. When a stock takes a fall like KKD has, it takes a long time for investors to regain confidence in it.

That being said, there dosen't seem to be much downside risk either. It's up a few cents in this morning's down market, so who knows? Maybe buy a few shares and see which way it heads?....I wouldn't jump in with both feet on this one just yet though.

Z - not too bad today??
dunno.gif

I see VIGN took it in the shorts.

I have a new theory (somewhat mentioned by MS back around last Christmas). It's harder to "pick" good Mutual funds than it is to pick good stocks. Sounds weird but if you buy me a beer I'll explain...
cheers.gif

Looks like my recent investment in Sirius is about to make me a buck or two
smile.gif

Howard Stern announced today he is moving to Sirius in 2006.

quote:

Originally posted by GROUCHO MARX:
Z, book out about Lucent. I believe the title is "Optical Illusion".

I believe the author is a former communications co. analyst on Wall St.

It sounds interesting.

GM,
I'm a bit lost! Then again, I'm a bit slow!
tongue.gif

LU did very good today! It is up $.27.....the single biggest gain since I've owned it (March 03)
P, you still own LU?

Z, this book explains the transition of Lucent from a company with 30 billion dollars in revenues to a 6 billion dollar company. It was an arm of A.T. & T with a majority of it's former employess and management being from A. T.& T.

It helps partially explain the current structure and situation of the company.

The daily charts a poppin! High volume up move. Its testing the 200 DMA. Higher lows off the lows set in August. If I tell you any more I will have to send my mafia friends to ya.....
wink.gif

Being in court, now even banned from cell calls....REALLY sucks. I'm living on limit orders. I did sell some positions yesterday. I bought into MYL, DHR, and ROH.

It sucks that I can't follow LU!!!

Pablo, "Help is on the way!"
grin.gif

This was a disastrous week for me. Disastrous. I'm holding on to some stuff in hopes that the quarterly earnings will turn out good. The next couple weeks (earnings season) should tell the tale.....

Actually financially it wasn't so bad. My fund mix, stock picks and diversification insulated me a bit. I was pretty much referring to the whole jury duty abuse....and the fact that I'm powerless to actively trade.

I need a mental health vacation. Leave my brain at home!

So what's next folks? The chat is all over the map.

I am probably a bit heavy in stocks for the moment but not for my long term goals. I bought into the three world wide income funds, and have not been disappointed. My energy stocks and fund have been doing fine. I didn't take any direct hits with Merck and Pfizer, but some funds did own them (more Pfizer than Merck, neither at a high %). I did buy MYL.

Heck, I'll continue my usual. Bartender!? Make it a double.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back