Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice yesterday that S&P cut the ratings of the bond insurers, Ambac and MBIA, and their share prices went up! Not only that, the financials went up as a group.

Wow, talk about lack of respect for S&P! It's official, the bond raters are now official
43.gif

Originally Posted By: Amkeer
Hey!

Keep one eye on AMD here and there. Not telling anyone to enter just letting you know the grill may be ready sometime in the future to throw some of the meat on.

Side note. I was reading through this thread to about early 2006, wow! It is an eye opener going back, and then seeing what has happened.

Guys/gals:

If you were paying attention a nice gain in AMD. Almost 14% in a few days. Have fun!

Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
Anyone notice yesterday that S&P cut the ratings of the bond insurers, Ambac and MBIA, and their share prices went up! Not only that, the financials went up as a group.

Wow, talk about lack of respect for S&P! It's official, the bond raters are now official
43.gif

Kinda sorta - yes they were up a tad on Thursday, but look at MBIA on Wed....somebody knew something......ditto Ambac.....confirmation something leaked.

Originally Posted By: Amkeer

Guys/gals:

If you were paying attention a nice gain in AMD. Almost 14% in a few days. Have fun!

I saw your post and forgot to put AMD on my list :littleheadslappingguy:

Indeed nice gain Wed-Thurs.

I'm beginning to hate these guys more than lawyers. They shojuld be run of of a cliff.

And yet we trust them when they say that oil will go to 200$$$$/barrel. And thanks to them it will.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Watch for dividend stoppage.

It's funny that you said this. I remember that the first thing you were told in business school is that dividends were paid as a result of profits. The automakers have defied this theorem for a long time.

Bargain Basement prices soon to come. Got Cash?

Yea, I got cash, 50% cash.

Keep yer powder dry, wait for the right time to pull the trigger.....

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Bargain Basement prices soon to come. Got Cash?

Keep yer powder dry, wait for the right time to pull the trigger.....

What's gonna' turn it around when oil is taking 15% out of U.S. wages and has yet to work its way into inflation and job losses sure to occur. Not to mention most of the stimulus money has been spent.
frown.gif
June was the worst market month since the Great Depression. Its easy to be Depressed. Currencies and energy for now, for me.

Time for Greenspan to issue some doom and gloom..that'll help. Maybe the Fed can talk about how concerned they are about inflation (again) it worked so well yesterday.
smirk2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back