Investors....come in please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching the S&P today.. (and loving cmhj)
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: cmhj

As we buy dips, the buys will be added to the core. My plan on the next fair sized dip is to take the core to 45-50%.

Anything over 1.5% is probably going to be major in most cases now. Hit 1278 this AM, which is over 2% so what the heck? I know how to swim.

I like blood and am beginning to think a confirmation wave won't be needed but a little caution is still in order.

Remember the timid bull. There'll be a lot of bruises as these major cycles unwind.

Finally, if you recall the favored cycle allows for some bleed into early next week.

I really have to back off now but I think everyone is starting to see the theme.

Timid bull runs back to barn when loud fearful chickens crow and cackle (something about the sky is falling). Barking Dogs too, because barking Dogs may have a chance to run even more of the farm this year. Can't allow bull to run.

But the high pasture is visible from the barn door. He can see nice spring green grass on the high pasture. But timid bull must get past the chickens and the dogs and even then there are still some nasty bears in the woods. Timid bull no longer thinks of lower pasture and has a yearning for upper green pasture, however barn is warm and safe.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Timid bull runs back to barn when loud fearful chickens crow and cackle (something about the sky is falling). Barking Dogs too, because barking Dogs may have a chance to run even more of the farm this year. Can't allow bull to run.

But the high pasture is visible from the barn door. He can see nice spring green grass on the high pasture. But timid bull must get past the chickens and the dogs and even then there are still some nasty bears in the woods. Timid bull no longer thinks of lower pasture and has a yearning for upper green pasture, however barn is warm and safe.

Sounds like investment advice from Chauncey Gardiner.

Insertion points update.

We had late this week or early next.

Late next week was suggested to be a heavier buy. Still looks this way but I have a few conflicting issues right now with tonights close. The close caused a wave pattern that can go either way, should know more by Tues. night.

March 31 +/- a week was the next. Current thinking is this will be a spot where the bouncing bull takes a break, nothing more.

1272 was the cash price low. 1265 or so was the overnight futures equivalence to cash price low. So far this held all week thru the gyrations.

The comment where 1235-ish might be seen is still possible.

This is my final market comment. I really have to honor my agreement from this point on.

chow

Originally Posted By: cmhj

The comment where 1235-ish might be seen is still possible.

Was so tired last night I forgot about the more dire projection of 1150, which hasn't been taken off the table yet. If 1150 goes then 1075.

As was mentioned a couple weeks IMO it's all about the Fed now on Tues. This is where a fundy event might trump all.

Got the following question yesterday I think. Sorry it took me this long to get to it.>>>>>

Hey cmhj find your comments interesting. Why are you buying at the averiging 1270 price when you have objectives to 1235 and even lower?

Hey, this is another good one.

Remember our 90% law of averages that we’ve been able to do over the years. This applies not only to cycle projections but our intermediate term model projections price swings as well.

If we hit 90% or so of the major expected price swing and allow a little extra cash for what might be a bleed over or an overshot we’re beating not only the market but, all investors and nearly all traders too.

Not every projection will hit dead on. Many times the market has turned a wee bit earlier, up or down, than was expected. So when it looks like we’re getting close, in the big picture, I start to work the other way.

See like when I finally got out of shorts for good about a week ago other than some VST trades. Since we’ve playing it net short for several months with some trading of the zigzags as you’ve seen me demonstrate the past couple months we have little to lose and a lot to gain when looking at the multi-month picture.

Thanks again for an intelligent question.

Just a side note.

I’ll continue to answer basic questions that are not directly trade related for as long as any wish. Just PM me to ensure I see it.

Due to my love for cars I've made concessions and will continue to post here but it'll be spotty until we’ve either had a bottom signal or wave confirmation. It's hoped my generosity isn't taken for granted.

Due to a price line break in the futures early last night, which would be equal to about 1250 cash, the first possible cycle low, which allowed for a bleed over into early this week is coming to term. The futures have been on a slow incline all night but right now we’re more concerned with cash/day actions.

Despite last nights price level break, until all options are exhausted I do want to keep the pattern buy on the table even though it’s becoming less likely due to the price level break & the doji of March 7 and last weeks doji.

If you recall the middle of last week it was preferred that last Thurs. be a high. This still leaves the wave pattern buy on the table but this week will seal or kill it.

The noise we’re getting right now is just like last Tues. I looked at the rally last Tues. when everyone was cheering and threw cold water on that with my comments & a 1335-ish sell, which hit at 1334. So noise is still to be ignored, I’ll let the system tell me what to do.

It's a bit more likely now we'll get a bottom signal and April is still favored for a bottom signal but the current entry points have remained as posted last Thur. This is how I’m trading my EOD accounts but am still trading around all this with my day and future accounts until we either get pattern confirmation or a bottom signal.

The current action, as of midnight has made the system kick out a couple S/T-IT scenarios. I'm not going to get into all the specifics but will make some general comments.

Just to refresh,

The insertion points mentioned last Thurs. were>>>>>>>>

If we had a big dump in the next 1-3 days a small buy would be likely. This window then goes into Tues. Keep in mind even if we get this entry the week as a whole could still be down thus it's a small play.

There's one wave option that a low today or so will give us a S/T rally possibly even into mid next week and leaves open the possible final splash or the possible wave confirmation in April. This is an either or and what will seal or kill the pattern buy so again keep it small.

If we dump into later this week/very early next week a significant buy looks likely but not at full allocation. Were this to occur we might get a bottom signal but there should be plenty of time to get your boarding passes in order if I can’t get here in time due to my other responsibilities. Thus you’ll still want to hold back somewhat if the week as a whole is down. If the week as a whole is down we might get a mid day low on Thur.

The final window then comes into play early April as previously mentioned. This is preferred but we do want to be open to later this week/very early next if we get a full down week.

Over the weekend I made the comment that late this week didn't fit a few things for an entry point but let's just see if it happens.

Should we get a bottom signal or near bottom signal I'll leave a short note. If you recall last Mon. we came close but not exactly what we wanted.

I remember listening to "American Pie" as a kid, knowing that there was a lot more to the song than available to my limited comprehension. cmhj's post are the adult equivalent, at least to me. :) I've struggled through many posts, trying to make sense of what I know is excellent advice but unclear so far...

Anyway, you generosity is certainly not taken for granted, cmhj. Even as one who can't tell what's going on, I say 'thanks!' for your time and efforts in helping the BITOGers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back