Interesting response from Mobil regarding AFE 0W-20

I contacted Mobil 1 to get a specific license number on dexos since it's not listed on the website or the bottle and this was the reponse ...

Screenshot_20230207_121010_Gmail.jpg

You realize the group that responds to these inquiries typically put the minimal effort they can into these ? Did you email them back telling them to change the label ?

Mobil's website says it's dexos licensed. Does it matter what the license number is?
It's possible it's actually not licensed. A website page doesn't carry much weight.... The page for that particular oil might have just been copied from another oil, edited, the Dexos stuff was overlooked (or presumed to be okay), and published.

If it's not licensed, but the bottles, literature, websites, etc say it is, you can be certain GM would tell them to remove all of those references. GM says

dexos® licensed products are easy to identify. Simply look for the dexos® icon on the front label and the 11 digit alphanumeric dexos® license number on the back label. Unless an oil package displays these two markings, the engine oil is not an authentic, licensed dexos® product

It's possible it's actually not licensed. A website page doesn't carry much weight.... The page for that particular oil might have just been copied from another oil, edited, the Dexos stuff was overlooked (or presumed to be okay), and published.

If it's not licensed, but the bottles, literature, websites, etc say it is, you can be certain GM would tell them to remove all of those references. GM says
First change in new Tahoe

4CE27204-CBFB-441A-98E4-34EA275B67F0.jpeg

dexos® licensed products are easy to identify. Simply look for the dexos® icon on the front label and the 11 digit alphanumeric dexos® license number on the back label. Unless an oil package displays these two markings, the engine oil is not an authentic, licensed dexos® product

This is exactly why I asked the question to Mobil because of what GM says.

This is exactly why I asked the question to Mobil because of what GM says.
Time for a class action lawsuit, lol.

Honest question: According to your signature, you own a Toyota. Why do you care about Dexos ? I don't know, or care, if the oil I buy/use is Dexos or not.

There is 3 Mobil 1 products on the site that say "Mobil 1 OW-20" and that's it.

And the other Mobil 1 oils that are on there are spelled out… Mobil I Extended Performance… or Mobil I Truck and SUV .

There is no Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy spelled out there on that list.

Very peculiar.

Back