I am going to have to put this head on myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Read about taps/dies until you no longer can. Doesn't change the fact that you don't possess the tools, knowledge, or capability to get this car running properly. Of course, you'll sink an insane amount of money and time into it before coming to the same realization that we already have.

Originally Posted By: InfmousCornholio
If you have anything else relevant to add

Objectively, why would you get a VC AWD Volvo? Please explain to everyone here how it makes any sense whatsoever.

Are you just bound and determined to make the worst possible decisions in life?

Protip -- sign up here: https://www.creditkarma.com (Completely free)

How are your scores?

Ok, you can't read... Miserable [censored], too.

Stay out of this thread. You just joined the ranks of Silver Rat and are not welcome on any more of my threads.

No more posts from you on mine or you are reported, NO negativity on my threads and you are NOT derailing this so SHUT UP and STAY OUT, for you.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
It's amazing how easy it is to distinguish when you are on your meds and when you're not. This is the "off the meds" version. Complete and coherent sentences are not your strong suit in this condition.

If you expect drama you will be disappointed, but Ramblejam has been notified to moderators for constant harassment as of his last post. Screen shot fail.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
You have the wrong bolt in the wrong hole ie, bolt is bottoming out?

COULD be... all head bolts are the same length, aren't they?

NO negativity on my threads

Unfortunately, you're apparently unable to decipher when someone is trying to divert you from continued self-destructive behavior.

This cognitive/emotional impairment is a known symptom of frontal lobe disorder (via GSW).

Good luck.

Unfortunately, you're apparently unable to decipher when someone is trying to divert you from continued self-destructive behavior.

This cognitive/emotional impairment is a known symptom of frontal lobe disorder (via GSW).

Good luck.

Every post you make on my threads is getting reported. This one was, and the last one.

Stay out of my threads.

You would be in a much better position to answer that than we are.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

You would be in a much better position to answer that than we are.

I will line them all up and see... From what I remember, they are.

So saying "wrong bolt in wrong hole" confuses me a lil.

Good luck.

Every post you make on my threads is getting reported. This one was, and the last one.

Stay out of my threads.
Just curious, how does someone who has broken the forum rules countless times justify reporting someone for commenting on their post?
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Good luck.

Stay out of my threads.
Just curious, how does someone who has broken the forum rules countless times justify reporting someone for commenting on their post?
crazy2.gif

If the member is harassing me I tell them to stay out of my thread and they don't I'm continuing to report Ramblejam is he posts on my thread again. Plain and simple.

People here are mad that I'm not fueling drama flames, are you one of them? If so.. Can't help you, bro.

compressed air, block the hole with a towel and blast the [censored] out of it. rinse / repeat.

Let's keep subsequent posts on topic to the issue. I know BITOG people aren't a wild herd of Hyenas, like other forums. So let's act like it.

We DO have a yeti, though.. WILDLY STRONG!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
compressed air, block the hole with a towel and blast the [censored] out of it. rinse / repeat.

You mean blow the air into the bolt hole, yes? At what point does the blocking with a towel happen?

I see the air in a can, that should work well.

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey

You mean blow the air into the bolt hole, yes? At what point does the blocking with a towel happen?

I see the air in a can, that should work well.

yeah canned air would work briefly, but thats alot more expensive. the towel is to help catch the crud, but if you want that to just spray everywhere thats okay too.

Last edited:
A vacuum cleaner works by having air rush in behind what you wish to suck out. Air is only 15 psi. But compressed air is 90 psi and will get crud out of a blind hole faster.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
I have the feeling this is not going to end well?

I Have some 4L60-E questions for you. I'll PM, ok?

Post a new thread, I will try to help.

Have you Barred the engine over to make sure it's not locked down, I see rust on the cylinder walls, Don't force it....That will break piston rings.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger

Have you Barred the engine over to make sure it's not locked down, I see rust on the cylinder walls, Don't force it....That will break piston rings.

This is a good thought ... IC, can you put a socket on the harmonic balancer pulley and turn the engine over? With the head off, it should be really easy to turn the crank.

Other people made really good points about chasing the head bolt holes in the block with a blind tap, and ensuring there's no water, etc. in the holes.

I hope you can get her running, but even if not, you'll learn a lot along the way. There's no substitute for experience.

I committed to fixing it as best I can with what I can, and how I can.

I have complete faith in your abilities to restore that Civic to running condition.

you-can-do-eet.jpeg

2014-09-17-butitshard-thumb.gif

df9a0a0d22824d60f9998465a0c70b96.jpg

Now get out there, and try to figure out what's your next step.

BC.

I am not trying to be negative here, but everything needs to be operating room clean. Even the intake runners can't have any junk in them that will get pulled into the motor. Gasket surfaces need to be perfect and prepped. Good head gasket, etc. head assembly has to be perfect. If the engine has been sitting open, exposed to dust, dirt and moisture for long, it might be time to consider pulling the bottom end apart, or a complete junkyard motor. Otherwise, you will end up with a very short lived motor.

it would be better to have someone who knows what they are doing go through it with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back