How important is it to drain ARX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered two bottles after hearing all the good results and want to see if it really works or not. I got one vehicle approaching 200k mark and two others with 80k and 100k. 80k has been maintained very well. OCI has been less than 3k and switched between synthetic blend and dino oil.

Now my question is, how important is it to drain ARX after 1500 miles? Can I just leave it there for 3000 miles along with new oil change?

TIA,

Michael K.

I have run Auto-rx for 3,000 miles and plan to do so again within a few month. Leaving it in that long does not cause a problem.

For best results, why doesnt everyone just follow the Auto-RX recommendations?

The problem with auto rx is it's demanding (too most folks) change out schedule. If the product could be left in an entire scheduled oil change, then have the rinse and entire scheduled oil change, sales wouls greatly improve.

I have used the product and it does work. However it is for the majority IMO, not only time consuming, but a waste of oil.

Just thinking out loud...
My guess is that ARX cleans a bunch of crud...and they don't want it left circulating in your engine any longer than it has to.

Whether or not this is detrimental to your engine, I have no idea.

It cleans a bunch of crude, but it's suspended in the oil.

It will continue to clean until the oil's additive package can no longer carry it.

Once it can't carry it, it can't clean anymore.

Therefore, you're going to have the same amount of stuff circulating at 1500 as you will most likely at 3000 miles.

I've ran two of my several auto-rx cleaning phases at 3000+ miles. I'm not worried a bit.

Snip
quote:

Originally posted by darkdan:

I've ran two of my several auto-rx cleaning phases at 3000+ miles. I'm not worried a bit.

I've done the same...it's not like it breaks off chunks of crud to plug up the oil pump screen like harsher flushes.

I think if you want optimal results, follow the instructions. If you want something less than optimal, don't.
dunno.gif

I've done both.

OK, assuming ARX methodology is best, how would you handle maintenance doseages???

I have been using a maintenance dose in a couple motors, and so far I have to say I am happy with the results. And I ONLY run synthetic. The oil filter, when cut open, reveals a larger than normal amount of 'crud'...

My OCI is on the high side as well...

When you change your oil and full flow filter, just add your maintenance dose. Then just wait until the next oil change and repeat. I do this with both dino and synthetic oils.

smile.gif

what if you ran a bypass filter with auto-rx? wouldn't it catch all the sludge and still let auto-rx do its job for a longer interval?

quote:

Originally posted by Michael_K:
I just ordered two bottles after hearing all the good results and want to see if it really works or not. I got one vehicle approaching 200k mark and two others with 80k and 100k. 80k has been maintained very well. OCI has been less than 3k and switched between synthetic blend and dino oil.

Now my question is, how important is it to drain ARX after 1500 miles? Can I just leave it there for 3000 miles along with new oil change?

TIA,

Michael K.

You can go to 3000miles, but you HAVE to replace the filter at 1500miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back