LM MoS2 and a Hemi

Would like to start by saying i have never used an oil additive. I also never feel like fuel injector/ fuel system cleaners work either.

I fell for the hype and switched my 2019 Ram 1500 (5th Gen) with the Hemi to Mobil 1 FS 0W40. I have owned this truck since new and have put just about every mile on it. 5W20/OW20 has been used up until 57k when i switched for the Mobil1 as my summer fill. It did raise my idle oil pressure from 31 to 38 when hot (221*) Which i thought was nice. However the engine seemed louder. Have been hearing things i havent ever really heard. Im sure its fine. But added the MoS2 about 3k miles in, and two things i noticed immediately was how smooth the engine was vibration wise, especially at idle, and how smooth the MDS would kick in and out. It doesnt seem to be as harsh and jerky. I know some will say its in my head, which i would tend to agree with and thought the same myself. But after a day of it, i for sure notice a difference. Even when im not thinking about it, ill notice certain little areas of smoothness. Anyways, just wanted to share. Amsoil SS OW20 will be going in for winter.

Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic 5w30 would be my choice year round. Has nice amount of moly in it. For some reason Mobil 1 oil seems noisy. Who knows for sure, it only has to satisfy you.

If you believe it’s helping, use it. There will be many that scoff at its use and claim they know it’s useless or a snake oil. It might be but they don’t know. Never seen any evidence that adding Mos 2 caused any problem.

I saw a thread of someone using LM Molygen 5w30 and MoS2 as well as LM Hydraulic Lifter Fluid in his engine.
I just used LM Molygen 5w30 with Hydraulic Lifter fluid in my current oil change yesterday. So far, I like how the engine sounds.
The previous oil in it was Mobil 1 FS 0w40. I noticed that when I did an oil change with M1, the engine ticked a bit on the first start. But once the engine is running and idling, it sounded so smooth like it was electric. Hardly a sound at all.
With Molygen, there was no tick at all and the engine sounds just as smooth. I will keep it for around 5000 kilometers and then change it again.

Back