Havoline 5w-20, SL-GF3, 6,920 mile, '04 Mazda6i

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest UOA for my 2004 Mazda 6i is in. This was the last of my SL-GF3 stash so it's GF4 from here on out. This sample was in from Nov. 2004 until the last couple days in March 2005 which is probably the toughest period in this area where motor oil is concerned.

As usual, plenty of spirited driving but with much more time spent at idle while warming up (car is non-garaged). I also managed a few 3 hour, bumper to bumper 30 mile crawl fests thanks to old man winter and North Jersey rush hour traffic.

This was my first interval using Odis' magic elixir, Lube Control. Standard rate of 1 ounce at initial fill (4.5 qt. sump) then another ounce every 1,000 miles. Also did the usual one bottle Techron fuel treatment a couple of weeks before I changed out the oil. I'm very very happy with how Havoline has performed in my Mazda. Since this is the longest interval I've gone and the numbers are what they are, I must give credit also to Odis and LC. I'm a believer!

Lastly, not sure why Blackstone flagged vis since 52.7 SUS@210 is a SOLID 20w
dunno.gif

Here it is..comments, suggestions welcome and appreciated.

-

Excellent UOA!!!

This report REALLY shows that LC is NOT snake oil.

I made a little Excel spreadsheet that includes all of your results, including the flashpoint and TBN, unlike Blackstone's.

-

Michael

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
In spite of the labeling on the bottle. Thius might be a GF-4 oil. Look at the low zinc.

I was thinking the same thing. There are differences in a few of the additive levels that were consistent in the previous two uoa reports (calcium, phosphorus, boron).

I'm trying to remember, have we seen any Havoline or Chevron Supreme report that wasn't outstanding?

Not to take anything away from LC, but the previous runs may have had some break-in metals.

I think that BITOG needs a new forum, specific to newcomers to the Havoline dino afficianado club.
smile.gif

I mean, heck, it's the least that Bob can do--considering the FACT that Havoline dino is fast building a reputation for trouncing the GC UOA's--and it's doing it for far less money!

Perhaps, too, we can offer some sort of "twelve step" program (such as a case of 12 bottles of Havoline dino
grin.gif
) for recovering Redline addicts.

Just an idea.
cheers.gif

Dan

Mike your engine is going to blow up and self destruct if you allow this to continue!! I recomend a Kendel 25W70 ASAP!Better yet ttake some Castrol GTX 20W50 and add one tube of axle grease to it!
lol.gif

Seriously it all looks great!

mikemc,

They are the same block. Some internal differences...but yes some of the parts from the focus and such can be used in the mazda version of the engine.

For all intents and purposes the 6i uses a 2.3 duratec, and the 6s uses a 3.0 duratec platform. Of course both are highly refined versions of the platform, but they're still porsche/ford motors.

You guys crack me up (JB and Patman).

Thanks Crossbow, for answering the ? about the Ranger 2.3 ltr.

FWIW...I'll be extending this current interval to 7500 miles UNLESS I manage to get some track time in at Pocono or Watkins Glenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back