has ammo and firearms go up after the CT incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does that guy he was talking to kids go to school I wonder?? Also who gets to benefit with contributions most from this lobby?? Just asking!
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: Win
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
.... or would not be able to get guns legally if we were properly enforcing the existing laws.

Speaking of enforcing existing laws, I wonder when they will arrest that self righteous blowhard that had the banned magazine on Meet the Press?

Little Davie Gregory... whose kids are in the same armed guard protected PRIVATE school as OTHER notables and beautiful people?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Little Davie Gregory... whose kids are in the same armed guard protected PRIVATE school as OTHER notables and beautiful people?

Yes, that would be the hypocritical blowhard in controversy.

If he is going to advocate gun control, he should certainly be willing to bear the full brunt of a prosecution for violation of existing laws.

Or he should just acknowledge what the rest of us already know - criminals could not care less about gun laws, they possess what they want to possess, and use it how they want to use it, regardless of the law.

....Or he should just acknowledge what the rest of us already know - criminals could not care less about gun laws, they possess what they want to possess, and use it how they want to use it, regardless of the law.

Why do the gun haters find this so hard to swallow? I mean really....why?

Originally Posted By: Propflux01
....Or he should just acknowledge what the rest of us already know - criminals could not care less about gun laws, they possess what they want to possess, and use it how they want to use it, regardless of the law.

Why do the gun haters find this so hard to swallow? I mean really....why?

I don't know. Crazy people will figure out a way to do their damage, with or without 15 round mags in a pistol or access to an AR. Criminals have shown for years that gun laws don't register on their radar. Bottom line is that everyone wants an "answer", or a solution to what happened in CT, but there really isn't one. Even the theoretical idea of putting guns in schools won't eliminate the potential threat.

What bothers me though is that both sides are just full of it. Violent video games Wayne LaPierre? That is your answer? That scapegoat was already debunked in the 90s. My generation grew up with Mortal Kombat and Grand Theft Auto. No plans to fly off the handle here. Call of Duty Black Ops 2 sold 11M copies in its first week. Sounds like we should be hearing more horror stories if video games are really to blame. That response is just as bad, if not worse, than the other side.

No matter how hard they might try to ban all handguns or all guns period in this country (for ordinary citizens) the criminals will always be able to get guns. If they made guns extremely hard to find somebody would have illegal stockpiles that would be sold to criminals for a price. Heck, if necessary, there could be illegal production of guns.

So it makes no sense to try to make it illegal for ordinary citizens to have guns. It does make sense to try to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, our of the hands of criminals, and others who do not need to have a gun.

When we start talking about "need" it gets really sticky as that is purely subjective.

I agree the mentally unstable and criminals shouldn't have guns but that is already illegal if you look at the 4473 Form. What we need to do is just make the laws we have work better. It is more an enforcement issue than a legislative issue.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
That fact was not true re. Newtown, Aurora, or for that matter Columbine . Mutations look like those recent shootings. Easy to spot.

I really don't think "mutations" (ie, crazy mental people) are actually that easy to spot. If they were, some of the mass shootings that have occurred might have been prevented before they happened.

I think if the law comes up with better ways to spot mentally ill people and actually DO SOMETHING about them before they have a chance to melt down and kill people, it would be a better system than what is employed now.

I think anyone who makes any verbal threat of using a gun to shoot up anyone should immediately be reported to the authorities, and they should swoop down on them ASAP to get a handle on their mental capacity, etc and to see if they can lawfully own guns if they have one. In the past, most people write such threats off as "nonsense" or "kidding"; but how many times have we heard after these shootings that those people were giving out signals that they wanted to do something violent.

Adam Lanza was easy to spot as somebody who was having some serious problems. He totally could not relate very well with other people at all. Even his own mother at the end was apparently trying to get him committed to a mental facility.

There is something wrong in our society when somebody with such obvious mental issues could not receive help. Where was the school psychologist or mental health worker or nurse? Everybody seemed to know that there was something seriously wrong with the guy.

There are other people with serious mental issues who are not as obvious. But if we can't get help even for somebody like Adam Lanza, we will never find those other people unless they do something violent.

I think in the past somebody like Adam Lanza would have been in a state hospital. They probably had people in state hsoptials back in those days who did not belong there. But that is where Lanza belonged in my opnion. In today's world Lanza's own mother could not readily get him committed.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Adam Lanza was easy to spot as somebody who was having some serious problems. He totally could not relate very well with other people at all. Even his own mother at the end was apparently trying to get him committed to a mental facility.

There is something wrong in our society when somebody with such obvious mental issues could not receive help. Where was the school psychologist or mental health worker or nurse? Everybody seemed to know that there was something seriously wrong with the guy.

If I recall, he was around 20 years old and out of school for a couple of years. Lived in his mother's basement with no windows and played violent shoot 'em up video games most of the day. At that point in his life, probably only his mother saw his mental state, yet she did nothing significant (apparently), and even went as far as taught him how to shoot guns. And also left her guns somehow accessible to him. Don't think she was the sharpest knife in the drawer. Of course hind sight is 20/20 ... but can't do anything about it now as she's dead from the hands of her own son due to her own stupidity.

Like I've said before, there needs to be some crazy stiff and enforced laws on people who don't make every effort to correctly control their firearms and allow them to be accessed by non-legal or non-approved personnel by the owner. If his mother was alive today, she should have been charged with murder unless she could prove he took a blow torch and opened up a totally secure gun safe, or took a cut-off wheel to a trigger lock, etc.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
But ZeeOSix he was acting very strange when he was in school.

If so, then yes I agree ... the school staff should have taken notice and raised a big red flag. Maybe there should even be laws or processes that say the school needs to contact authorities, especially if the behavior is violent in any way. This country doesn't address the signs of violence until it's way too late.

When Adam Lanza...or anyone goes and attempts to get a rifle and fails the background check/process. (I've heard several conflicting reasons why he did, but he did try to buy an AR on his own and was turned down)that should send a red flag if its for failing a background check.

And yes, he ALWAYS acted strange and something should have been done in his teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back