Had no idea guns are available in so many color choices

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
I've been away from firearms for a while, today while wife was in Joanne Fabric I wandered into a CAL Ranch store, similar to Tractor Supply except with a gun department. What is with all the colored firearms? These are Kimber Micro 9s in Amethyst and Sapphire finish, $999 each. Yeah, Kimber has MIM parts blah blah (still?) not going there but are these marketed to well-heeled women? Lots of other colored handguns and long guns as well and not just various camo patterns. Still a purple handgun is better than none. (y)
IMG_2484.jpg

Most people don’t care about color. I do personally. The way I see it is if I’m paying big money for something it needs to at least be the color I want. I almost bought a micro Bel Air gun that was painted like a Bel Air car. I didn’t because it was too small but I’d love to find another one that color. Don’t get me wrong though having a gun is better than not having one so at that point if I needed it color would not be relevant.

As silly as some think it is, at least we have the freedom to buy such firearms.

If you want to buy a Hi Point with the hundred dollar bill finish, Vance Outdoors sells them.

124191-DEFAULT-m.jpg

I love all the colors available on firearms today. One of my favorites is the black and white EAA Girsan 9mm. Looks like something from Star Wars. There's also a gold-plated Desert Eagle .50 cal that I drool over; I love it BECAUSE it's ridiculous! 😁

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 7.20.27 PM.png

This one is popular with the ladies around here. G-daughters already want one in their Christmas stockings. Told them they'd have to wait a few more holidays.

1700443577353.jpg

Once in a while I look at Ruger's offerings and they will list distributor specials. My guess, if you offer to buy a big lot of guns, at once (or over a set period of time), you get to pick some particulars about it, and specify something to make it stand apart from the crowd. Just my guess, some of those colors may well be one distributor trying to be the only one with that color/markings/options/whatever. End of the day, it's all about sales, what will go out the door and turn a profit. Apparently people feel a need for their gun to match their purse/murse/eyes/whatever. Ain't nothing wrong with that, it's a free world and all.

As silly as some think it is, at least we have the freedom to buy such firearms.

If you want to buy a Hi Point with the hundred dollar bill finish, Vance Outdoors sells them.

View attachment 189341
Nothing says, “cheap“ like a Hi Point. Wrapping it in that screams, well…I shouldn’t…

Last edited:

View attachment 189341
That's being fully aware of your customer base.

View attachment 189341
I don't care for HiPoint, but maybe that's the one to get me to buy.

Back