has ammo and firearms go up after the CT incident?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pushing the cart past the sporting goods section of a WM yesterday and there was a big crowd in that area. As I went past, I heard the counter man say to a customer that they had a rush on that ammo, they were out and they had no idea when they'd get another batch in.

If it has not, it will since the word "gun control" and "assault weapons ban" will be introduced day 1 of the new congress by Diane Feinstein and her political allies.

If it gets any traction, we may very well see huge backorders like we did in 2008.

Right now you can order ammo on the internet without a FFL but I am sure that could well change right after the lst of the year.

Gun sales have increased after the election too.

If you are in the market for either now may be the time for stocking up on your needs.

Few guys I know sell at the local gunshows. Saturday there was a 45 minute wait to get in and the place was packed.

Anything to do with 'evil' or 'black' guns was flying out of there. Parts, ammo, complete guns, mgazines, you name it.

Coincidentally, like 4 guys at work have asked me about buying guns.

BSW

Something is coming, I think. Too much noise. That said, all they really can do is another capacity limit, maybe prohibit sales of new manufacture of say AR15's--and grandfather whatever is existing. And I think that will take a few months to pull off.

Not saying it isn't worth stocking up, but let's face it, 223/22LR/9mm ammo isn't likely to be banned. Get America to turn in anything? Yeah right. Stop the manufacture of new high capacity magazines, maybe a few select models? That did occur in the past, so, they could repeat that.

So I'd focus on buying magazines. Get that Glock you wanted, or at least the AR receiver. You can stock up on ammo later.

There was noise after Aurora also...there are so many high cap magazines out there any law on them will be ineffective, and so many marked Law Enforcement Only are now in private hands. The DoJ admitted the 94 ban was useless. Not ure anything would get passed the House of Representatives. We will see.

Bloomberg went on CBS and called for "common sense" laws. He must not know much since all but one of his things are already on the books. Only people on the no fly list being banned was new.

And yes gun prices are up...several stores have 800 dollar AR's going for close to 1100 right now. Some state are seeing record numbers of daily background checks. Wish I had scratch to buy a few AR lowers.

It's a bad time to try to stock up on anything. Between the election, the end of the world, fiscal ruin on the doorstep, the zombie killers, survivalists, and the normal Christmas season and anti-gun-envents, I'm surprised there's anything in stock.

It's a good thing there's over 100 manufacturers of AR variants churning out product.

I'm fortunate to have a Cabela's in town. The day after the shootings I went to buy ammo and 30rd magazines. Plenty to be had. I couldn't say about next Saturday, though.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Just like in '08 - time to stock up.
This time he's really gonna take them away.

Wrong.

If you don't already have a healthy stash then this is the WORST time to stock up.

Just say'in.

On Saturday I looked at getting more magazines from an online dealer. They had quite a few listed in stock. On Sunday I decided to order them, but most were already sold out. I ordered 2 Glock mags which they claimed they had over 100 in stock. On Monday I checked again, and they were sold-out of all those Glock mags. I bought a couple mags for a gun I don't even have because I planned on getting one in the future.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Incredible
It's a bad time to try to stock up on anything. Between the election, the end of the world, fiscal ruin on the doorstep, the zombie killers, survivalists, and the normal Christmas season and anti-gun-envents, I'm surprised there's anything in stock.

It's a good thing there's over 100 manufacturers of AR variants churning out product.

I'm fortunate to have a Cabela's in town. The day after the shootings I went to buy ammo and 30rd magazines. Plenty to be had. I couldn't say about next Saturday, though.

What's funny about the media and gun control is, all they accomplish by creating all the hoopla is to have 10 years worth of sales of ammunition and "assault weapons" (whatever the heck that is) in under a year. Probably 1 month because of the recent mass shooting.

Today, in the Chattanooga TN: Academy Sports store at 10am: the gun counter was standing room only at times. Yes the Bushmaster weapon was selling fast. Yes there were ladies buying guns and pistols were in demand. There were 6 clerks behind the counter and ammo in the 38 cal. size had sold out in one or two brand names. It was good to see folks taking protection seriously and the permit /shooting classes are starting to fill up locally. It's $75 for the range class, 8 hrs, plus you shoot 50 rounds. The permit is $115 and your paper work acts as your permit till you get your plastic card in the mail. Just do it, get your permit if your state has that law. PS, To all you ladies that do not carry: < A woman without a pistol , is like a Momma Lion without Teeth, you can't protect your cubs, ** it's something to think about**

I went to a local outdoors store today that caters mostly to gun owners and they had cases of .223 ammo up front with a limit of one per customer. They were selling fast too. The ammo section was packed and you could hardly move through the store at 3:00 on a Thursday afternoon.

I was just buying 9mm and it was the usual price, but it seemed like every person there was stocking up.

Local Wal-Marts are apparently cleaned out of most of their ammo.

Are these gun and ammo manuf.'s public companies?

Might have to buy stock each time a shooting occurs.

Something tells me the gun shops out here in CA aren't as crowded, though I wouldn't know.

Something tells me the gun shops out here in CA aren't as crowded, though I wouldn't know.

I saw your posts in the other firearms threads. Are you just trolling? Sure seems like it to me.

They were the last few days.

Of course they weren't. Only hillbillies stock up on ammo, Californians are far too civilized for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back