GT's Running Volvo thread. The 00 XC

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT's radio is stuck on "transmit"...doesn't seem to operate in "receive"...which will cost him quite a bit in the long run...shoot, it's already costing him in the short run...

Nah this is a typical ghetto ride, see them rolling around in New Haven and Hartford all the time. Soon it will be all smashed up but still rolling. Eventually something expensive will break and it will be junked, or sold for cheap.

Advising on fixing it is a waste of time, since the owner lacks the ability, means, and desire to really do a proper job.

Last edited:
The battery just almost didn't start the car.. so, I went straight to Advance, and bought this.

We are coming along with this. It won't be a "ghetto ride".. just has some things pushed out/back, is all.

I bought this.

615981_422480777818474_489512496_o.jpg

277335_422480864485132_1410262878_o.jpg

664799_422482224484996_120751768_o.jpg

549039_422485647817987_592928272_n.jpg

Originally Posted By: GearheadTool
I bought an Actron CP9125. I *may* buy another.. have to see how this one does first!

Good basic scanner (It's the one I have.) Now if you apply for the MIR on the battery ($25), it will almost pay for your scanner. As previously noted, never buy anything at AAP unless you do it online and with a discount code (It would have been good for another $40 off.)

Now, please come on back, VH.... *pleasepleasepleaseplease*

How about spending the extra 5 bucks on the proper battery tie down?. Then he might possibly think about returning to the thread.
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

Now, please come on back, VH.... *pleasepleasepleaseplease*

How about spending the extra 5 bucks on the proper battery tie down?. Then he might possibly think about returning to the thread.
whistle.gif

I may. I am due to visit the dealership for some largER seatbelt extenders, for my friend. The one I got was called an "extension bar"...

VH is frustrated with me because he saw my other thread about the $400 phone. What he doesn't know is that I may, in fact, re-sell that phone. I also return to work very soon. My timeframe for the T-belt will be stepped up SIGNIFICANTLY if I get the credit line increase on my credit card. Then I will approach Sam about that.

It is all love, folks. You can tell I am hyper. Please, bear with me.

Weird... After installing this new battery, the radiator fan now stays on after the car is shut off (it eventually shuts off,) and now the car just turned over many times before it finally started. It did not do this previous to the new battery being installed.

?

Weird... After installing this new battery, the radiator fan now stays on after the car is shut off (it eventually shuts off,) and now the car just turned over many times before it finally started. It did not do this previous to the new battery being installed.

?

This appears to have stopped.

Hey, maybe the ECU really IS re-learning itself, etc? It kicked over completely normal this morning! (As to starting, battery)

Whenever I disconnect the battery in our Subaru, even for a couple minutes (like I did last weekend to load test it) I have to step through a couple procedures in order for it to idle correctly. As long as I follow the correct steps it's fine, otherwise it will stall when pulling up to stop signs for several miles.

It's been that way since new, and it was the Subaru salesman that told me about the procedures to relearn the idle after disconnecting the battery.

Quote:
Uh oh, havn't heard any updates lately. Hope nothing bad happened with all the action thats been going on recently. Kind of boring around here lately. Of course that could be a good thing also.

The car is still around, it is just on a little bit of a break, is all.

I will be back around it to take care of it, etc "sometime in the early part of the new year?" Until then, it remains well.. just small nuisances.

I really love the Volvo. Nothing broke on it, either.. just a chance of circumstances, for "a few months."

I am about to go clear out her codes, and gas up on Premium fuel!

Trying to look for a refresher about how to use the Actron OBDII scanner I bought. I bought the super basic one (for now.)

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

By the way.. [censored], it is WARM today!!!

Just was in the car yesterday. Cleared the codes.. and it cranked, but woudln't start after that! My friend suspects the fuel pump died, as it reluctantly started for her. (Right after I fill it up with 14.7 gallons of 93 octane.)

Let's get the conversation back on the topic of the Volvo. Why did it crank but not start after we turned it off, I cleared the codes, then gassed it up?

So it is doing the same thing it was doing before replacing the old battery, sounds like it didn't need the battery to start with?

Oh, and and I'm sorry, but anything with a red universal battery hold down is a ghetto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back