GC for under $4.00/qt? It's true

Status
Not open for further replies.
gotcha. well take him a copy of my receipt. If the stores are all having the same sale, the same deals would apply.

Got my GC yesterday at the sale price also! No reciept required, Woohoo

I went, they scanned the bottle, but it was regular price, (6.19), but I didn't try the after tax trick.

I've bought it several times since it went on sale. It originaly rings up $6.19 but the credit is applied separately and the final cost is $4.49. I've bought 4 separate cases (to take advantage of the AZ buyer's card) and works like a charm. Got $20 off the last case. I think I'm done for a while.

Hi Guys:)

Picked up 6 qts at 1 Autozone in my area(they still had 4 qts behind the 6 I bought that was old stock US 0w30) and 2 qts from another Autozone, both stores discounted at the check-out also.

I asked at the store I bought the 2 qts from if they could order me another case or 2(I have 18 qts. stashed), and the girl looked it up. She stated it said store stock(Good thing) but also stated "sell down"(bad thing). Apparantly items marked sell down historically means they are selling off remaining stock because they wil no longer be carrying that item. Essentially she could not order anymore for customers.

I read elsewhere here that that Autozone would not be carrying GC and it seems this may be true. Funny thing, when I was grabbing the final 2 qts at the Queensbury store, another guy was standing there perplexed: it seems he was looking also to buy whatever they had left:)

Regards,

Randi
grin.gif

I just got 18 quarts on sale in Canoga Park store (discounted at the check out) for next change in both cars (Passat W8 and 2003 C320 Merc) I still had one quart left from previous change. #@$%!, those cars have large oil capacities (9.2 and 8.5 quarts). Some were 05-06 with "Out perform" label, some newer 06 with "edge" labels. All they had left was one leaky "edge" bottle... Prior to that another store (Reseda) clerk said she would order 2 cases that would arrive this Tuesday.

Thanks for the heads up! My nearest aoutzone in 200 miles away. I was there for other reasons and picked up another 27 quarts. I asked the clerk if it was on sale, he said syntec is never on sale. I said just ring it up, sure enough it was on sale...

Started my stash today. I like the 5 at a time idea, with the rewards card that will work out to about $4.03 per qt. before tax.

Are there any engines that you know about that don't like this stuff. I've never used it but plan on putting it in 05 trailblazer, 99 cherokee, 00 silverado, maybe but probably syn. rotella in 96 ford 460cuin motorhome.

Todd:

Look down toward the bottom of the first page of this sub-forum. There's a thread about a VW guy finding that his car seems slow on GC. There are some other examples here as well. I believe it's member Rodbuckler who reports that GC is just to thick for his 4.6L Ford V-8 too (hint, that's a 5w-20 engine). There are a few instances, especially in cases of engines calling for notably thinner oils, in which users were not happy. And there are some isolated less-than-ideal UOAs, but for the most part, they are stellar. It isn't going to be long before a less diplomatic member whacks you about the ... ahem ... search feature.
wink.gif

^^ they're bringing in 12 quarts from another store to see what it is. I searched the 3 local ones to no avail. I cleaned my local one out and had asked if they had more in the back. they didn't but they're going to get me 12 quarts and check..
smile.gif
I told them I was looking for the european formula and not the dusty #@$%! bottles
smile.gif

South Sacramento, CA, AZ on corner of Fruitdrige & Stockton (next to AM/PM gas station) has plenty of GC. It's onsale too. It will give you the discount after they scanned it.

Went into AZ today, to check to see if they had GC plus I needed some hose clamps. Found the GC sittin back there the whole shelf was full, I picked up 5 for my next oil change. I walked up to the counter and saw the ad that showed Castrol oils on sale but it didn't mention 0w30 or 5w40 (the two I use) but I guess it applied anyway because I got a credit for 8.50 total came out to 26 and change if you count the 2 dollars I spent on hose clamps. Paid 4.49 a quart
smile.gif
I wont be doing an oil change for another 500 miles so I don't want to go back and buy all of it if I don't like how GC works in my VW 1.8T but hopefully it'll be the oil I need. I loved the 5w40 I had in there previously, so we'll see how this one works out. I'll probably send it out to blackstone after its in there for 5k miles or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back