GC for under $4.00/qt? It's true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is the day I've been waiting for. Autozone began a new nationwide monthly sale and included in the sale is Castrol Syntec at $4.49 per quart. When you take into account the Autozone buyer's card that after 5 purchases of $20 or more that you get a $20 credit, the net cost for 5 quarts is about $3.65 per quart. Now the ad online doesn't specify the 0W/30 weight but my store in Tulsa had it and the price was good for all weights they had in stock. I'll be buying 5 quarts at a time several times during the next 30 days. What a deal.

Sweeeeeeet! I'll have to make a trip to AZ. I've only got to make one more $20 purchase to get my $20 gift card. I love GC on sale!!!
smile.gif

I think it was just castrol this month (GTX, Syntec and the Blend). They also had a special with 5 quarts of GTX and a fram for $11.99.

Too bad those rebates from Castrol ended just eight days ago. Even without the AZ buyer's card's discount factored in, we could've enjoyed Syntec for $2.823/qt., and Blend and HM for $1.156/qt.!
grin.gif

Is anyone aware of any new Castrol rebate that's replaced the one just ended?
wink.gif

Here's the AZ sales circular for those who are interested.

Castrol Rebate? Someone needs to post up the rebates. I never find them. The add I got today says castrol syntec is on sale for $4.49 a quart, but doesn't mention 0w30 in the add. Im going to ask them if it's for all weights.

While the ad doesn't specify the GC weight, if the store carrys it (not all do), they will most likely honor the sale price.

Went to AZ today. Well twice. Once to get the gf's new PS pump, and then again to get money back because they charged her too much for the PS fluid.

I asked my friend about the sale and he thought it only applied to the weights listed. Had him scan a bottle of GC and what do you know 4.76 a quart
smile.gif
I'll be returning tomorrow to clear them out
smile.gif

Anyone reading this thread be aware that Castrol Syntec 0W-30 technically is not included in the Castrol Syntec $4.49/quart sale. I just drove up to my local AutoZone and they would not honor the sale price for GC ($6.19/quart normal price) despite my pleading with the sales clerk.
mad.gif

I think I'm going back to the store that honored the price for my and buy up the remainder of their stock. I went by a different AZ in Tulsa and they didn't even carry the 0W/30 GC.

Andy did you have them scan it and see what it rings up as. My friend said they couldn't honor the price it if wasn't included in the sale. I had him scan it and it read 6.19 then the sale kicked in for $4.49

Quote:

Andy did you have them scan it and see what it rings up as. My friend said they couldn't honor the price it if wasn't included in the sale. I had him scan it and it read 6.19 then the sale kicked in for $4.49

I brought a single quart to the checkout area and the clerk scanned it and told me it was $6.19/quart (same price listed on the shelf). I didn't proceed with the purchase as I have enough GC and didn't have any interest in purchasing it for $6.19/quart.

Perhaps the sale price wouldn't have kicked in until he completed the sale on the register?!?!? I dunno.

I stopped by AZ to buy out their stock of GC again today (12 bottles) and didn't realize (the clerk didn't either) that it was on sale for $4.49/qt. A pleasant surprise, but he advised me that they are re-arranging their oil shelves next week. He said they are getting rid of a lot of the synthetic oils. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but I don't have high hopes to see GC on their shelves anymore.

^^ Yes it doesn't, but if you like I can scan my receipt to show I got 6 quarts today for 4.49 and will be going back tomorrow to pick up more.

Andy as I mentioned the price rang up as $6.19 but when my friend hit finalize to add tax it added in the discount.

I guess seeing is believing
smile.gif
Forgive the air filter. had to buy that for the sister's LTD

file0007dd9.jpg

Last edited:
LOL, I believe you, I just was wondering if push came to shove at the store: There would be no way for me to show a manager that the 0W-30 was on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back