Fram XG10060 - 6,000 miles

Fram XG10060 from my dad's 2020 Grand Cherokee 5.7L. Filter was in use for 6,000 miles with Valvoline MaxLife Syn 5w20. It was replaced with a Champ PH48XL and more MaxLife syn 5w20. Filter and media looked good overall.

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Fram XG10060 from my dad's 2020 Grand Cherokee 5.7L. Filter was in use for 6,000 miles with Valvoline MaxLife Syn 5w20. It was replaced with a Champ PH48XL and more MaxLife syn 5w20. Filter and media looked good overall.

View attachment 208781

View attachment 208782

View attachment 208783

View attachment 208784

View attachment 208785
Good Morning Jeepman3071,
Thank you for the C&P, excellent pics. Looks like the Ultra did an excellent job with that big hemi and had life remaining! What was the reason for the switch to the Champ PH48 filter?

This filter had no mesh screen backing. I couldn't make out the date code when zooming in with my phone, so not sure on that other than it was purchased about a year ago.

Good Morning Jeepman3071,
Thank you for the C&P, excellent pics. Looks like the Ultra did an excellent job with that big hemi and had life remaining! What was the reason for the switch to the Champ PH48 filter?
I ordered a box of Champ PH48XLs for this Jeep from RockAuto. My local Walmart has been awful about stocking filters, the last time I went looking for a filter for this, they only had the regular SuperTech filters in stock. I figured I'd give the Champ XLs a try on this. I also have 2 Fram PH10060s I'll be using on this as well that I picked up on sale.

This filter had no mesh screen backing. I couldn't make out the date code when zooming in with my phone, so not sure on that other than it was purchased about a year ago.
Your center tube has half as many "HOLES" as mine has "LOUVERS".
Mine didn't have any type of backing except for the steel center tube.

I ordered a box of Champ PH48XLs for this Jeep from RockAuto. My local Walmart has been awful about stocking filters, the last time I went looking for a filter for this, they only had the regular SuperTech filters in stock. I figured I'd give the Champ XLs a try on this. I also have 2 Fram PH10060s I'll be using on this as well that I picked up on sale.
Wow, very un-WalMart to be stocking out of an item. Mine is behaving the same way on the SuperTechs. All the Fram filters are well stocked and restocked quickly.

Back