FRAM HM Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing but the orange can with some time release gel in it, for more than twice what it's worth.
frown.gif

That's why.

Not to belabor the point but the HM was very recently talked about on promo board which included discussion regarding it's construction.

If one reads several of the threads included in the search, the frequency or lack of HM threads is rather self explanatory, 'imo'.

And, just thought I was helping with those "training wheels".
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
32.gif
My cousin just dropped off (2) used oil filters. I will be cutting them open today. Video's or pics?

I see you have the filter autopsy bug now.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Doog
I guess all of you guys missed the post about Summit Racing selling the Fram HM filters for $1.25 on closeout. I got 9 of them for something like $18 shipped.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2917424&page=1

I did see that smoking deal but I already had too many filters to bite on it. I am amazed that the everyday price on the HM filter at Walmart is almost as high as the Ultra! Zikes!

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
32.gif
My cousin just dropped off (2) used oil filters. I will be cutting them open today. Video's or pics?

I see you have the filter autopsy bug now.
wink.gif

Yeah, my neighbors oil filters on their cars are not safe now.
lol.gif

a friend cut open the filter on his GTI and found copper. he had seen it in the oil months earlier. still runs his car at the track - unsure of the source of the copper - but not curious enough to open it up or repair it.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
a friend cut open the filter on his GTI and found copper. he had seen it in the oil months earlier. still runs his car at the track - unsure of the source of the copper - but not curious enough to open it up or repair it.

Probably main and/or rod bearings going bad. She'll blow and then he'll know for sure.

News from Avoyelles Parish:

A mysterious filter thief has been stealing oil filters. Not new ones, but directly off the cars. So far, unsuspecting owners have started their vehicles only to see a steady stream of dark fluid in their rearview mirror as they drove off. Most have come quickly screeching to a halt. Old Bobby Pochaut made it 6 miles on his old IH tractor before it seized.

The wake for Bobby's tractor will be on Tuesday. More News at 9.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite

A mysterious filter thief has been stealing oil filters. Not new ones, but directly off the cars. So far, unsuspecting owners have started their vehicles only to see a steady stream of dark fluid in their rearview mirror as they drove off. Most have come quickly screeching to a halt. Old Bobby Pochaut made it 6 miles on his old IH tractor before it seized.

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I wonder if there is any reward money? I might have a really good tip!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: Coprolite

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

I wonder if there is any reward money? I might have a really good tip!
grin.gif

I went to bed early last night and didn't see this until now. I actually spit coffee on my pc from laughing so hard!
crackmeup2.gif
01.gif
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back