Found my "2nd" car....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Mankind has produced all manner of efficient, small, 3 wheel cars. Some with high compression engines and significant overdrive ratio's. None have achieve even half of the 84MPG highway claimed by the Elio. So there must be some really good tech happening there...

Really!
This mpg is already possible from production 4 wheel (non electric) TDI cars.
Prototype VW's claim to GREATLY exceed this.

Yes, there are some very cool 4 wheel cars with diesels that achieve excellent MPG. I had forgotten about the various VW diesels.

Rather, I was thinking about past production cars with gas engines. Such as the car I pictured. They did achieve over 80MPG in a 35MPH cruise, but at 70MPH, the MPG dropped markedly, into the 40's.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Found my "2nd" car....

Better you than me. Normally I'm not a "car snob", but even I wouldn't be caught in that thing.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Found my "2nd" car....

Better you than me. Normally I'm not a "car snob", but even I wouldn't be caught in that thing.

You don't have an adventurous side, huh?

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Found my "2nd" car....

You don't have an adventurous side, huh?

Maybe some people are better off driving the vehicle that marketing has pointed out, that is the car to own. Without all the gadgets and stuff that you can have on a regular car why would you want to go back to actually driving?

Guess I will put my 2-cents in on the Elio. No way do I think this will ever make it into production although I certainly hope it does. The BOM is to high for it to sell for $7K. I think the guy behind it will ultimately just scam the money while giving a heartfelt apology. My take, your milage may vary.

I rented a Fiat 500 for a week. It was scary small. I drove bugs for nearly 20 yrs as a kid too. 3 wheels isn't a real car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back