Ford 99-03 PSD (AIS) Air Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Donaldson Power Core Air Filter comes standard on all 6.0 Ford diesel trucks. It is an upgrade (at customer expense) on all 99-03 7.3 PSD's.

Thanks, I will show him this post, maybe he will want to try it. Said he was going to change out the AT and axles to synthetic also, when he can find the time.

I know someone who just picked up a mint white 2002 F350 4x4 diesel loaded with many accessores for towing. Only has about 30g miles on it, previouse owner stepped to a 2005.

I told him about your post and said I would ask.
What would this do for his truck? Improve mpg, power? He is planning on pulling a large heavy trailer around USA. He is in the custom furniture maker (custom out of birdseye maple) and attends trade shows to show off his wares. He is getting 16mpg stock, just changed it over to Amsoil 15W-40 last week, said he wants to go whole hog to make the truck as maint. free as possible. Time is money and in a big way for him. He gets 10g for a coffee table.

Mike,

The advantage of the filter is that it can hold much more dirt than the stock panel filter. My stock panel filter would be worthless at 12-14K. This one is good for 30K+.

No improvement in mileage noticed, but the difference will be that at 25K+ miles on the air filter, his flow will still exceed a new OEM filter.

I just returned a couple weeks ago from a 3K trip pulling my TT. Mileage was more consistent. I had a solo freeway trip, (almost 300 miles), and I got 21.7 MPG. This is a first for this truck. But also it is finally broke in and I do have a 4" Magnaflow exhaust. And it is 2 wheel drive.

59 Vetteman,

Yes the Donaldson Power Core Air Filter comes on the 6.0 PSD's and I just changed mine a month ago at the 30,000 mile mark. The filter minder had not even moved, but I drive on alot of very dusty dirt roads so I replaced it. I did pick up almost 1 MPG but that could of been to changing to the Schaeffers Supreme 9000 oil at the same time or the combo of both. I have the used filter setting in the lab to do some CFM vs DP test if I can find some free time. I hope to also get a new one to test as well.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the info. I would like to run my Power Core for 50K if my filter minder does not move. So I am extremely interested in your results on the used one. I don't have a lot of dust here, that is why I am looking for a longer change interval, if possible.

smile.gif

I got mine from a Ford Dealer. It had to be shipped. Cost now is $212 US plus shipping. click on the link and then scroll down to the bottom on the right side and click on AIS.

Ford AIS

Your AIS System is not complete until you add this. I am hoping for one for Fathers Day.
smile.gif

AIS Cold Air Fender Tube

smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back