Ethanol Notification @ pumps in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Canada, do service stations with gas containing ethonal blended gas in pumps have to legally mark the tanks as "Ethanol Blended" or similar?

Is it provincial jurisdiction? If Provincial, I am in Saskatchewan and also buy fuel in Alberta on occaision. Anyone know on laws on ethanol notification (if any) for these provinces?

Cyprs

It's on most of the pumps in Ontario. Typically something like, "May contain up to 10% Ethanol".

It's interesting that some of the Shell pumps will say, " Shell Bronze may contain up to 10% ethanol; Shell Silver may contain up to 5% Ethanol; Shell V-Power contains no ethanol". I've seen this around Toronto at seveal stations.

At the couple of Shell stations I go to in the Ottawa area, none of them have the ethanol labels.

The Sunoco ones obviously do.

I thought there were Federal standards that gas stations had to follow in posting Ethanol on pumps if they blend ethanol.

My local Co-op posts ethanol on thier pumps, so has Mohawk and Husky for years now, I always thought Mohawk and Husky had to do so by Federal regulations, not voluntarily.

If there is no law/legislation regulating the posting on tanks of ethonal blended in gas by companies then there should be IMO.

Cyprs

I don't think all provinces have implemented the 10% ethanol.
I believe Man and Sask have but I don't think Alberta has. I didn't see any stickers at any pumps in N or S Alberta last month. I personally don't like E10 I get slightly worse fuel economy and I take a lot of long road trips. 50-60k per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back