Drug abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this morning at work I knew something was up when the boss was watching the camera from this past weekend. 2 of our oil change guys were doing drugs we found out. Both fired as of today. What's with this under 35 generation that doesn't want to work; just party, excess and "I don't care attitude". Other than that work went well
wink.gif

I'm pretty sure the current under 35 generation isn't the only generation in American history to ever abuse drug use.

They were given a pre employment screen. The other "idiot" mechanic who's diabetic and a druggie is already gone also. Their drugs were brakleen, and I heard heroin and "pills".

Yeah I think the 60's and 70's and EVEN 80's generation were REAL bad for drugs especially when "crack" became so ever prevalent

Think I heard these thoughts in 1971 about them hippies. They'll never amount to anything.

If they were doing it at work, they got what they deserved. I guess it depends on what type of drugs they were doing to call it "abuse". I smoke pot, but never at work, and I don't consider it any worse than having a drink or a cigarette (other than the fact it's illegal)...I also don't have an "I don't care" attitude, but I'm not under 35 either...

Originally Posted By: car51
What's with this under 35 generation that doesn't want to work;

How old/young are you?

Brakecleen? Good god, let them go. Their liver damage would have been on your workers comp. Next thing you know your insurance company would have you doing chem dip soaks in "My Little Pony bubble bath"...

Gramps: the 2 guys were starting to do all these drugs at work and outside of work. The other mechanic who was "a know it all" and didn't do much work, hurt himself and was milking short term disability and he sold drugs. He got ratted out. I have no sympathy for all 3. I have no problem if someone does pot either

Yeah eljefino, when the inventory of chemicals and fluids was getting "disorganized I said something to management. That brought cameras in. Rest is/was history. I feel better working and carrying my workload without "lazy, incompetent workers". Good day guys and off to cut the grass;-)

That seems unfortunate. Whether its alcohol or drugs its an addiction that some often need help with. It would have been better to say "either a drug treatment program or your fired". At least the first instance.

Addiction is a chronic disease for many rather than something they choose to do.

Yeah, and when we saw the 2 get caught up in it we said stuff to management. As my grandfather would say about this: "Once you're in you know where; only the devil can save you!"

When I worked at a tire shop we had too many fluids. Customer would pay for a can of (whatever) and we'd use half a can, and keep the other huff half around for "charity cases".

Lead to overflowing shelves.

I understand your point but I have neighbors under 30 that are the hardest working people I have ever known. Four kids, both work overtime, property in great shape, always willing to help us if we need it.

John

Originally Posted By: car51
Gramps: the 2 guys were starting to do all these drugs at work and outside of work. The other mechanic who was "a know it all" and didn't do much work, hurt himself and was milking short term disability and he sold drugs. He got ratted out. I have no sympathy for all 3. I have no problem if someone does pot either

These guys needed to go...firing them was the right thing...

John_K: I see what you are saying and I have friends and neighbors like this also.

Grampi: yeah these clowns were ready to go

Every generation thinks anyone younger than they are is going to be the Downfall of Humanity.

Your parents' generation thought you would never amount to anything. Theirs before them did too. Yet somehow life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back