Distributed Computing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK downloaded and installed CUDA driver.

Log states:

Sat Nov 3 21:21:26 2012 | | NVIDIA GPU 0: GeForce 8600M GT (driver version 5.0.36, CUDA version 5.0, compute capability 1.1, 512MB, 384MB available, 90 GFLOPS peak)

Sat Nov 3 21:21:26 2012 | | OpenCL: NVIDIA GPU 0: GeForce 8600M GT (driver version CLH 1.0, device version OpenCL 1.0, 512MB, 384MB available)

But it is not showing GPU computation.

Granted I am currently running a Malaria and a Proteome folding task. They may not be able of using GPU. Do I need to specifically ask for tasks that let me use the GPU? Will this perhaps already happen now that I have the driver installed?

The ONLY one that supports GPU is the Help Conquer Cancer project. Judging from Nick's stats, that's the only project he's running and churning out some pretty good results doing so.

It appears that if you set the preference on the world computing website to download GPU-enabled stuff, then it will select that if the computer is able. I cant confirm it because my computer had already downloaded 4 units, so it will be tomorrow at best. We will see.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
It appears that if you set the preference on the world computing website to download GPU-enabled stuff, then it will select that if the computer is able. I cant confirm it because my computer had already downloaded 4 units, so it will be tomorrow at best. We will see.

Go under Projects -> Reset Project

It will fetch new work and enable it for the GPU if it is supported.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Some GPUs HCC wont run on. I have a Geforce 210...1GB I think(?) in my HTPC. It refused to fetch GPU work; says HCC does not support it.

Correct, the list of supported GPU's is linked off the link to the ATI performance spec's I posted earlier.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Go under Projects -> Reset Project

It will fetch new work and enable it for the GPU if it is supported.

Sat Nov 3 23:16:48 2012 | World Community Grid | Requesting new tasks for NVIDIA

Thanks!

hmmm... Odd...

Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks sent
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Say No to Schistosoma
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for GO Fight Against Malaria
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Drug Search for Leishmaniasis
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Help Fight Childhood Cancer
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Help Conquer Cancer
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for FightAIDS@Home
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2 (Type A)

You are quite welcome
smile.gif

Now get crunching
thumbsup2.gif

hmmm... Odd...

Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks sent
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Say No to Schistosoma
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for GO Fight Against Malaria
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Drug Search for Leishmaniasis
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Help Fight Childhood Cancer
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Help Conquer Cancer
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for FightAIDS@Home
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2
Sat Nov 3 23:16:50 2012 | World Community Grid | No tasks are available for Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together - Phase 2 (Type A)

Give it a few minutes, this behaviour is typical. See if you end up getting some for your GPU.

hmmmmm... Nothing says that GPU is chomping, though all the messages indicate that it can, and I have the right driver...

Yeah, I have a really bad time uploading sometimes too. I come home from work or get up in the morning and have 20-30 unsent results because it seems to think Im not connected to the internet when I am. I think their backend equipment is overloaded.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Yeah, I have a really bad time uploading sometimes too. I come home from work or get up in the morning and have 20-30 unsent results because it seems to think Im not connected to the internet when I am. I think their backend equipment is overloaded.

There's a mod you can make to your config file that makes it upload the results immediately FYI.

Mine uploads all results immediately. Though there has been minimal to no crunching today due to the fact that I've actually been using my laptop and my desktop has been used for gaming most of the day so I've had it suspended. But yeah mine automatically runs tons of cancer ones for the GPU, and the CPU runs whatever it has available at the time in the que.

Are any of your projects that are active or queued from the HCC project?

???

Are any of your projects that are active or queued from the HCC project?

???

For the sake of troubleshooting, on the WCG website, select only the HCC project. Then reset the project again on your client. See what happens.

Hmmmm. Did that, saved it, reset project and it keeps downloading the same five projects that I had before, or at least projects with near-identical names... No HCC.

Hmmmm. Did that, saved it, reset project and it keeps downloading the same five projects that I had before, or at least projects with near-identical names... No HCC.

Must be a Mac problem
wink.gif
LOL!!!!
grin.gif

Shut down the client completely. Close it. Reset it again, after ensuring that you only have Help Cure Cancer selected on the website along with GPU computing and unselect the "download data from other projects if there is nothing available for my selections" check-box.

Did all that and it still downloads the same other stuff.

Maybe it takes a while to get it refreshed through the servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back