Difference between Mobil 1 regular vs. Extended Se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
In a motorhome in the mountains of W. Virginia, I'd use M1 0W-40 and not look back.

Amen. Depending on GVW and especially in the summer, I'd even consider M1 15W-50.

Since your engine calls for a 30wt I would use M1 5-30. There is no advantage to using a 40wt when the engine builder calls for a 30wt. M1 5-30 is an outstanding oil that has some very good certs, including the Honda HTO-06 high heat low deposit cert. Use it with confidence.

Originally Posted By: 147_Grain
EP has an 18% +/- stronger additive package, has double the amount of PAO, and is a more shear stable product than regular Mobil 1.

For "extreme service", you might also consider Mobil's 0W-40 or mixing a 50/50 blend of 5W-30 EP and 0W-40 for a very robust oil for long-term hauling. (0W-40 has a stronger additive package than EP, which is better than regular Mobil 1, which is no slouch.)

Right now, EP and the regular version are the same price ($26.68 per 5-quart jug) at Walmart and there is a $12.00 rebate per 5-quart jug available from Mobil (up to two jugs with a max rebate on Mobil 1 being $24.00). 0W-40 is also $26.68 and is a world class oil; EP is underrated IMHO and is what I use in my vehicles.

In 5w-30 both regular and EP Mobil1 are 20-30% PAO per their respective MSDS. Not sure of the source of the 18% and shear-stable comments, but both are really good oils, as others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back