Conan v Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will not be watching. (never did anyway)

NBC really messed up with this one. How Zucker still has a job....
06.gif

I never liked Leno. He was just too "strangely strange" looking to me. Conan was much more cartoon like. Never enjoyed Leno's humor. My first exposure to him was some really dumb Pizza Hut commercial (or some franchise).

I don't care how many cool cars he has. I think he's a dork who got lucky. That E Street drummer "pedestal " really looks tacky.

Letterman was/is great.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Never been a huge Leno fan, but I dig that Jet Bike he owns (or did own).

No joke! That thing is hot...

I guess I'm really getting old. I much prefer Leno over Conan or Letterman. But no matter how hard they try, none of them hold a candle to Johnny Carson.

It's also pretty crazy that people are out of work, loosing their homes and NBC is paying that dweeb $45 million to leave. Something is really wrong in this world.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

It's also pretty crazy that people are out of work, loosing their homes and NBC is paying that dweeb $45 million to leave. Something is really wrong in this world.

Its called a contract. Conan would have cost them more if he was willing to be on ice for the full term of it.

He gave them a "discount" to let him be on the air sooner.

NBC has proven their worth....
37.gif

Jay would have cost them even more than $45mill to go bye bye.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Never been a huge Leno fan, but I dig that Jet Bike he owns (or did own).

No joke! That thing is hot...

YouTube video for people who have not seen it.

I would NEVER get tired of the start!
01.gif
thumbsup2.gif
banana2.gif

Quote:
I guess I'm really getting old. I much prefer Leno over Conan or Letterman.

You just don't appreciate their "more warped" sense of humor. Leno, to me, is more conventional ..or does crazy poorly (imo). That might be a better way of saying it.

I thought it was classy of Conan to acknowledge NBC and their long succesfull relationship on the last show. It took guts for him to thank the same people screwing him imo. He almost lost it and cried when he was addressing his viewers, I give him credit for what he said and did on Friday night.

Always have liked him and his show and like him even more now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
I thought it was classy of Conan to acknowledge NBC and their long succesfull relationship on the last show. It took guts for him to thank the same people screwing him imo. He almost lost it and cried when he was addressing his viewers, I give him credit for what he said and did on Friday night.

Always have liked him and his show and like him even more now.

Yes it was classy, I heard a clip of Jack Paar when he was forced out and it sounded much the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back