Conan v Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch any of them. When you grew up on Johnny Carson- well, let's just say the late-night hosts now aren't even on the same planet that Carson was.
34.gif

Don't watch late shows much, but Leno for me.

Conan is funny often, but he's like the geek that tries just toooo hard to be funny at everything......

If I had a preference it would be JL. Just like overpaid athletes, though I don't see the justification in them getting paid millions to stand there and tell jokes that someone else wrote.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig

I like Top Gear. :D

I LOVE Top Gear. Since I found it on BBC Canada, I watch it everyday and laugh to tears often, alone on my couch. My wife finds me weird but since I am happy, she lets me watch it and sometimes asks me to explain to her what made me laugh so much.

I used to watch Letterman and sometimes Leno, found them funny, but that is too late for me now, and I prefer to spend the little free time I have watching Top gear.

I prefer Craig Ferguson using my DVR. Leno has gotten old - not much new there. Conan has his moments, but not enough to keep me watching.

I have been watching "the best of Carson" on Reelz. Carson was waaaay better than any of the present guys. I like Leno for being a car guy, but not enough to watch him. Letterman is too NY-centric. Conan isnt funny.

Conan was funny on latenight but I feared perhaps correctly the bright lights of an earlier show would force him and his writers to take away some "edge".

Which is what I like aboug Craig Fergusen, freedom to be odd.

Kimmel scoring Chevy Chase as a guest was a coup... coworker recalls Chase's FOX show: "Did they test him before they signed him? He's a horrible GUEST, what kind of show would he put on?" And Chase WAS a horrible guest again!

I don't like Letterman at all anymore and thus, don't watch him.
As for Jay or Conan......makes me no difference as I'm usually asleep by 10:30PM.

It's very, very rare I'm up past that time!

I think Jay should have went to another network when he lost the tonight show. if I were him, I would not have let NBC push the tonight show back. When he goes back to the tonight show, he'll just seen as the guy who got rid of conan

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I think Jay should have went to another network when he lost the tonight show. if I were him, I would not have let NBC push the tonight show back. When he goes back to the tonight show, he'll just seen as the guy who got rid of conan

Excellent point!

Also known for the failure of the NBC 10pm experiment.

But the millions they are paying him, I'm sure he can live with either reputation.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Conan was funny on latenight but I feared perhaps correctly the bright lights of an earlier show would force him and his writers to take away some "edge".

Which is what I like aboug Craig Fergusen, freedom to be odd.

Kimmel scoring Chevy Chase as a guest was a coup... coworker recalls Chase's FOX show: "Did they test him before they signed him? He's a horrible GUEST, what kind of show would he put on?" And Chase WAS a horrible guest again!

I think only Rick Dees was worse.

I will say I just read what kind of money they are talking about giving to Conan......
shocked2.gif

I have watched them from time to time......They can be funny at times. I do agree that Carson was better. RIP

Yeah, I'd like someone to pay me 30 million just to "go away"....My guess is they want to make that money contingent on him staying off the air elsewhere.

If Conan does move to Fox or elsewhere, he'll have my viewership over Jay anyday.

gotta go with Conan, he drives the same car as me

but beyond that I like Leno way better then Letterman

I also agree Conan stopped some of his quirkiness he had on the 12:35 show when he whent to 11:35, even his entrance changed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back