Conan v Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to find a way to do a poll on this site. I've never seen one, so I assume we can't.

I was just wondering what the BITOG crowd thought. Do you prefer Leno to Conan, or are you a Letterman guy and cant stand any of the NBC hosts.

My self, I liked Letterman a lot back in the 80's and early 90's, havent watched him much lately.
Cant stand Leno, which is odd, cause he's a car guy and I respect that. But he's to stiff imo, just cant make fun of himself like Johnny used to.
I like Conan and hope he gets to stay on Tonight. I think with time America will warm up to him, his Latenight show was great, but a bit raunchier than the tonight version. I just think a move to Fox will be a move to oblivion.

What say you?

Used to love Letterman until he went stupid.

Like Leno until he went serious about political stuff.

Conan is good. My TiVO will follow him..

I don't watch anyone else.

Bill

Over the years I have noticed all of these guys are getting more off colar as time goes on. I guess that is what Americans want now days.

I have far better things to do with my time than plop in front of a television and pretend to be entertained by the drivel they churn out.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Over the years I have noticed all of these guys are getting more off colar as time goes on. I guess that is what Americans want now days.

No that is what they THINK most Americans want.

Their ratings prove that mindset...
06.gif

Carson was a CLASS act. No one comes close to him IMO.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Originally Posted By: tig1

Carson was a CLASS act. No one comes close to him IMO.

Couldn't possibly agree more. None of them come close to filling the Amazing Carnac's shoes. But maybe we're just old stubborn codgers....lol

Never cared for Letterman too New York Centric for me.......I liked Leno but no one can really compare to Jonny I mean it was a different era......Conan I can not stand he is like the obnoxious 12 year old guy that thinks he funny all the time but in reality he is not! THen that same guy has not changed by the age of 26 and you just feel sad for him!!!!I would rather be forced to watch dental surgery video tapes with my eye lids held open with scotch tape in a white room lit with mercury lamps 24 hours a day!!!!THen have to watch COnan OBrian......I tried hard to like him too since I have watched the Late SHow since I was about 5 years old......It is kind of like Saturday Night Live I watched that show from about the age of 9 but a few years back they just fell off the deep end and stoped being funny!!!!

Leno. He needs to go back to the tonight show.

Conan appears to be from another planet............... I just don't connect with him but I am 50 years old.

As long as we're singing Johnny Carson's praises, I'll chime in and say the man has not yet been equaled and likely never will be unless we see an unlikely resurgence of late show watchers.

I like Letterman. I also like Craig Ferguson. He's not always funny, but I like him anyway. I don't know why. I like Jimmy Kimmel, too. That guy has a great monologue and comedy bits.

Conan is an idiot and he's full of himself.
Leno just isn't funny. Nice guy though.

I watched Carson til he went off the air. Leno was OK, I thought Joan Rivers was better than him. Never watched Leno.

Loved Letterman when he did daytime years ago, watched him til the mid-90's when it got real dull. The bright spot is when he kept making fun of NBC before he moved to CBS.

Watched Conan for the 1st time this week, sorta funny...reminded me of Carson. NBC is adding an new sport in the Winter Olympics...having overweight people slide downhill on a sled: "The Biggest Luger"
lol.gif

Zucker really screwed up on so many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back