Chineese motorcycles

I would buy it if china can make some cruisers similar to Harley Davidsons. That would be really cool. Just imagine a Chinese ohv pushrod 250cc bike that actually looks cool. Harley Davidsons are out of control with their prices, especially given how old school and outdated their technology is and the worst part, they are way overpriced for what they are (I know this will start a whole thread of arguments), and maybe if China can make a Chinese Harley, I would be down 👍
I think you need to do some research as your post is outdated as a car built in 1970.
It wont start an argument though, you're in the minority by a huge margin compared to any other brand and why I suggest you do some research instead of non factual innuendo .

Last edited:
At one time so was Japan....
We didnt buy from Japan when they were building nuclear missiles and aiming them at our country, including our cities.
Our dollars are also allowing them to build massive war machines to use against us and/or our democratic interests.
Two completely different situations.

Last edited:
We didnt buy from Japan when they were building nuclear missiles and aiming them at our country, including our cities.
Our dollars are also allowing them to build massive war machines to use against us and/or our democratic interests.
Not at all....

Yeah....it's incredible that some people don't get it. Maybe they will after the Chinese sink one of our carriers in the South China Sea.

Don't know about Chinese motorcycles. Never had one but I've had plenty of this and it is really good.

tsingtao.jpg
courtesy Spec Wines

A financial war could be lodged against us- with securities. Wouldn't turn out well for us- and nobody talks about this- do they?
Most of our politicians are owned by Chinese money . What else could we expect.

Reactions: hrv
Yeah....it's incredible that some people don't get it. Maybe they will after the Chinese sink one of our carriers in the South China Sea.
Some people don't get China holds us financial hostage (stocks, bonds, real estate)....because the news doesn't report it. That's a far bigger issue-IMHO.

Reactions: hrv
Some people don't get China holds us financial hostage (stocks, bonds, real estate)....because the news doesn't report it. That's a far bigger issue-IMHO.
I used to feel that way but no longer. China would be committing financial destruction to their financial system/exports would plummet.
In reality they only own around one trillion of US debt. It used to be a staggering amount of money to me but no longer, we as a nation have a national debt of 33 times that amount.

China actually owns less US debt than it did a decade ago.

I find this article pretty educational and "balanced" which is tough to find in todays media.
Dont misunderstand my post. I am a hardline line LIVE within a budget person and disgusted at the voters who allow this to go on, however, nothing I can do about it so it is what it is.
Im just saying China has an equal amount a risk if they stop buying. Some excerpts below;

"Although the U.S. budget deficit has been rising, the risk of the U.S. defaulting on its debt practically remains nil (unless a political decision to do so is made). Effectively, the U.S. may not need China to continuously purchase its debt; rather China needs the U.S. more, to ensure its continued economic prosperity."

"U.S. Debt to China: Risk Perspective for China​

China, on the other hand, needs to be concerned about loaning money to a nation that also has the limitless authority to print it in any amount. High inflation in the U.S. would have adverse effects on China, as the real repaymentvalue to China would be reduced in the case of high inflation in the U.S.

Willingly or unwillingly, China will have to continue to purchase U.S. debt to ensure price competitiveness for its exports at the international level."

Here is the source, I think it is a great educational read;

I do apologize ... *LOL* got carried away as this isnt the investing thread!

Last edited:
OMG I bought a Chinese clone of a CT Honda trail 70 about 5 years ago. It had a 125cc engine and the bike was the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned. The rear tire had a flat the first 100 miles. The tire guys said it had a very cheap tube in it. The transmission was a 4 speed automatic and it was very touchy and if you were not careful it would catch in between gears. The engine itself sounded exactly like a Honda engine and ran very well but the transmission was weak and the entire bike was very cheaply made. I guess for about $1400.00 you cannot expect much. My Honda Monkey was $4000.00 therefore you get what you pay for. I WOULD NOT buy a chinese bike. The motorcycle consignment shops around here will not allow a Chinese bike to be put on the floor. They told me they will not resell them because they are such a poorly made bike. Mine only had about 400 miles on it and I was happy to get $800 for it used. I put the Honda Trail 70 emblem around the frame and it looked very close to an original Honda CT70.

Back