Bill Gates is Going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! I was wondering what those chair references were for! LOL!

And after watching Steve Ballmer Hoot and Howl, I couldn't tell the difference between him, Al Gore or Howard Dean screeching and screaming.

Very odd.

Very unprofessional.

He needs to find a job elsewhere. He's been just as effective for Microsoft as Jack Messman has for Novell.

Mr. Bill may just be smart enough to figure out that the sun is setting on MS. Always leave as a winner and never go down with the ship. Let the succesor take the blame for the decline ..however gradual.

How about a goal of shrinking the world's population? That would be a noble and worthy cause. If you can do it in a nice way ...great ...but "gitter done".

I always saw Mr. Bill as a pontential Dr. Evil. He's actually one person who could have the private island and the secret facility of mad scientists ...and certainly anyone who had to walk around like him (probably getting sand kicked in his face a few times in his life) and then realizing such fortunes didn't get there without "issues".

Gary,
worlds population by some estimates will get shrunk.

Aids means less than 8 kids in Africa, while westerners are having less kids to pay the mortgage.

If Mr. Gates "delivered crap" what can we say about the rest of the industry. He at least delivered a useable operating system allowing just about anyone that can hunt and peck access to information and tools that can assist them better thier lives.

I wouldn't say he delivered crap, that's not accurate. Crap was Windows 3.0 and NT 3.1, very unstable and barely useable. Windows 2000 brought much needed stability and administrative flexibility to the NT platform.

He delivered mediocrity clothed as something much greater than it really was. Remember the long lines at midnight on that fateful day in August 1995 to be the first to purchase Windows 95? His marketing tactics are amazing.

If he delivered "mediocrity" where was the rest of the industry? There may be operating systems out there that can do certain things better; but, I think he delivered a product that serves the general populace in a fashion that no other company can compete. I certainly don't fashion this as "mediocrity"; I think more on the line of cutting edge.

quote:

Originally posted by JavaMan:
If he delivered "mediocrity" where was the rest of the industry?

That's exactly the point! He forced others out of the business with MS's licensing ties to each and every Intel CPU and/or hard disk sold. Anything else (OS/2, GEOS, etc) would incur additional cost at PC purchase time....thus vaporizing the competition. Ingenious! Unethical in my opinion, but genious nonetheless.

Heck, with Windows 3.1 you had to buy TWO licenses, one for DOS 5.x/6.x and the Windows license itself. Ingenious idea to elevate the cash flow! Not that the product to the consumer is any better because of it, but the stock holders are happy campers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back