Spooky e-mail from Bell Ford in Phoenix, AZ?

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
A few minutes ago I posted on BITOG about a 2007 Buick Lucerne for sale in Tubac, AZ.

Three minutes later I received an e-mail to my google account, with my name, from Bell Ford in Phoenix, AZ wanting to buy my car. I have never bought/sold/inquired anything ever at Bell Ford.

The browser I am using for BITOG is MSFT Edge, and I have MSFT account for MSFT Office, I am logged out of Office I believe.

The only thing I can think of is MSFT is monitoring me, saw my post about the Buick for sale on BITOG, and MSFT sold my info to Bell Ford as soon as I posted on BITOG- lightening fast. If my speculation is accurate, I assume MSFT charged Bell Ford a nice ransom for my information, not just a few pennies.

All speculation.

Here is the e-mail (there were two hyperlinks in the email which I deleted, and if I click on them, my actual legal name came up, not the name I am known by).

Hi GON,

Looking to see what your car is worth? We’re offering fair valuations with buy-back opportunities, or the option to apply your value credit towards a down-payment on your next vehicle.

Want to learn more?

Click here to get your valuation

If there is something else you may be interested in, please reach out and we’ll help you find the perfect car.

Best,

The Sales Team

Bell Ford

Last edited:
Interesting for sure.
Just to show, if you are on the internet your information is out there. Im curious when you posted about the car for sale, was it a link that you clicked on?
I guess doesnt matter but every website including BITOG is constantly feeding information.
Even though this says "last 30 days" it's only from yesterday, as I clear out my browser fairly often.
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 9.53.53 AM.jpg

I also have the option to turn on this, but sometimes leave it off as it does cut the download speed, even though still very good without it I get close to 300 Mbps and with it on lately I only get closer to 100. I do use on it on my phone all the time though.
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 9.54.21 AM.jpg

I'd switch to Chrome. Though edge is technically Chrome based I believe there is more privacy protection on Google's version.

Back