Best value on Full Syn motor oil

Quaker State Ultimate Protection and there Full synthetic line are hard to beat for the price. Rebates and clearances take the sting out of others but walking into Walmart and coming out with a $20 jug of QS is easiest.
My way is easier. I order two jugs at a pop and have it delivered to my door and not having to walk into a Walmart.

:)

I trust the American Petroleum Institute and their specifications. If an oil meets API's current specs, it's good enough for me. I'm using SuperTech or Kirkland oil.

Project Farm mentioned as well as "which is best". IBL/considering a BINGO card meme.

6K OCI with a "normal vehicle driven normally"? Go to Walmart. Go to oil aisle. Look at oils that have the required viscosity/approvals/certs your vehicle calls for. Purchase oil that makes you feel good...bottle design/color/brand/advertising. Supertech house-brand is a go-to to save a few bucks off the previously mentioned metrics. Just about everyone had an oil they liked growing up b/c their dad used it....that was my method for years.

Yup, API SP and Dexos Gen3, all for $16 for 5 qt when its on sale. Good oil with good specs, price is excellent.

I have never been to a Costco. Have had Sams club and currently have BJ's club. They're building a Costco in our town (won't be done until early 2025.) How often does the Kirkland go on sale? Once or twice a year? At normal prices, Supertech is cheaper. Just wondering. Love to know how they compare to BJ's club also. Off topic here though.

I have never been to a Costco. Have had Sams club and currently have BJ's club. They're building a Costco in our town (won't be done until early 2025.) How often does the Kirkland go on sale? Once or twice a year? At normal prices, Supertech is cheaper. Just wondering. Love to know how they compare to BJ's club also. Off topic here though.
Not really off topic. I assume you are looking for a good value FS motor oil. I do not belong to Costco, so it is not very relevant to me, but I am sure it is to many who will read the responses.

A good thread has responses that are on topic and will help lots more than just the author.

API Extended - QSEP
API - QSFS, Havoline LL ProDs, Kirkland, Super Tech FS
Euro ACEA - QSFS

Reactions: wlk
I go to costco once a week, I have seen Kirkland on sale at least twice a year on sale, could be more because I dont always check. It was $32 for 2 x 5qt. You can buy many. Regular price 39.

If you have a Rural King nearby their Providence Automotive house brand full synthetic is Dexos approved and $17 for a five quart jug. I’ve been using it and it’s Harvest King predecessor for about 10 years now.

ULTRA Platinum with rebate of $25 and sales . NAPA ( Sale : 3/1 > 3/31 ) : $33.99 x 2 = $67.98 - $25 = $42.98 / 10 = $4.298 a quart .

Last edited:
What, you want to actually make a suggestion based on the vehicle instead of just blindly making a recommendation? Crazy?
I went crazy in April of 2013. Never recovered since. I think a looney departed best friend entered by body when he died.

I make blind remarks all the time. Perhaps I should look down at the foot-wide keyboard while I'm typing.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Back