Amalie vs Warren

Note: I have searched here and online before posting and did not find anything.

My question is about Amalie vs Warren oil products. Basically do you think the Walmart Full ST Syn made by Warren is better than or equal to the STP Full Syn sold by AZ and made by Amalie? I realize that they are all relatively low tier syns that do just fine with lower OCI's such as around 5k and both would perform just fine but I wonder who is actually better? I used to use ST for all my regular entry level customer oil changes but went with STP just because it's nice having it delivered to me from AZ but the cost per jug is a little more than the ST. This is not a question based on a certain vehicle and certain use - I just wonder who has the better product due to add packs or base oil or what not. Just a pondering thought I've been having and probably does not matter at the end of the day which one I use lol.

CHECK THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!!! << Mean FACE >> :)

I don't think there is a "real life" measurable difference between then. I've been on this forum a LONG time and the one thing that is certain is that the oils are all converging. As long as they have an API specification they are all lightyears ahead of the oils from the 90 and early 2000s that allowed cars reliably to run 200K miles.

OCI is the thing I'm looking at now. I got on board with the 10K+ OCI with synthetic since my oil looked really good at 5K Now the concern is not so much the engine failing but the oil rings on the pistons getting cooked with sticky oil and not sealing properly in the cylinder. This causes oil consumption. I'm back to 5K which puts me at twice a year. not bad really.

CHECK THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!!! << Mean FACE >> :)

I don't think there is a "real life" measurable difference between then. I've been on this forum a LONG time and the one thing that is certain is that the oils are all converging. As long as they have an API specification they are all lightyears ahead of the oils from the 90 and early 2000s that allowed cars reliably to run 200K miles.

OCI is the thing I'm looking at now. I got on board with the 10K+ OCI with synthetic since my oil looked really good at 5K Now the concern is not so much the engine failing but the oil rings on the pistons getting cooked with sticky oil and not sealing properly in the cylinder. This causes oil consumption. I'm back to 5K which puts me at twice a year. not bad really.
🤣 on the mean face 🤣

I have been here long time as well and you mirror my thoughts exactly. Cheers!

My question is about Amalie vs Warren oil products. Basically do you think the Walmart Full ST Syn made by Warren is better than or equal to the STP Full Syn sold by AZ and made by Amalie? I realize that they are all relatively low tier syns that do just fine with lower OCI's such as around 5k and both would perform just fine but I wonder who is actually better? I used to use ST for all my regular entry level customer oil changes but went with STP just because it's nice having it delivered to me from AZ but the cost per jug is a little more than the ST. This is not a question based on a certain vehicle and certain use - I just wonder who has the better product due to add packs or base oil or what not. Just a pondering thought I've been having and probably does not matter at the end of the day which one I use lol.

Have you asked your commercial sales rep with AZ about the bag in box 6 gallon setup I know when I was part time at AZ I would deliver it 15 to 20 boxes at a time .....Orielly also just started the bag in box by Omnipak

We can get Amalie in super-thin 0w16. Available in the Amalie, Fram and STP labels.
We cannot get Supertech super-thin 0w16. It's not available - not even in Kirkland, Amazon, Carquest, Meijer jug names......etc.

I hope this answers your question on which might provide better performance / protection in all available viscosities.

Have you asked your commercial sales rep with AZ about the bag in box 6 gallon setup I know when I was part time at AZ I would deliver it 15 to 20 boxes at a time .....Orielly also just started the bag in box by Omnipak
Oh yes! We have gotten quite a few! Just last week it was $109.99 for a 6 gal box of full syn!

Amalie is better than it has to be … 😷
I’ve run the STP for 5k … all good …
Seems to be equal …

Back