Are RP and Mobil 1 filters the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shocked.gif
^^ O.M.G. !! ^^
shocked.gif

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: KevGuy
I currently have a Mobil 1 oil filter on my car.

Yes I read that. And if I am not mistaken you said something to the effect of, you put it on so you wouldn't have to look at it anymore.

Here's the gig. It's OK to really like a product. And it's OK to passionately tell the whole world that you really like it and why. But when you get to the point where you are making absurd claims about what you like while ignoring any evidence that contradicts what you are saying, you come across as having an agenda. Nobody wants to keep hearing an agenda. If you want to gather data and write up a well thought out technical paper showing that cardboard endcaps will function as well as metal endcaps will forever, we would all like to see something like that. On the other hand, Punctuating everybodies threads with post that only say, "Fram is Good." Not so much. This board is all about learning what we can learn and sharing what we know. Most here want to hear data, both calculated and even anecdotal. But most are just not interested in advertisements (unless they have a FAR attached
wink.gif
).

Hypocrite!! You could of saved $10.00 with a orange can!!

Originally Posted By: steveh
Hypocrite!! You could of saved $10.00 with a orange can!!

If I was running a 5000 km OCI from my latest fill, yes, an orange can would of been fine. Since I'm planning on a 10,000 - 12,000 OCI, an orange can is not recommended.

In the spring when I return back to conventional oil, I will use the orange can again.

I say I am SHOCKED that he didn't at least consider the Fram Ultra-makes me question his undying orange can allegiance! Oh, wait a sec, that's right, M1 filters are now made by the same ownership (Rank Group owns Champion & Fram).

I have to say I like the Ultra about as much as KevGuy likes the orange can. Well made filer for $8.97 at Walmart.

I have to say I like the Ultra about as much as KevGuy likes the orange can. Well made filer for $8.97 at Walmart.

Nothing wrong with the Ultra. It costs a fortune here though so I don't like it.

If I could have it for less then a WIX filter though, sold!

Originally Posted By: RiceCake

Nothing wrong with the Ultra. It costs a fortune here though so I don't like it.

If I could have it for less then a WIX filter though, sold!

Pains me to say it but... I think the Ultra is a significantly better filter than the Wix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back