Best oil filter for Hyundai - OEM or another?

The "best" oil filter can depend on a lot of factors. What are the main factors associated with your filter buying and use criteria?

PS/edit - Based on your original post, pretty much any filter will be good for 3750 to 5000 miles. If you want good efficiency, chose any that are rated at 95% @ 20u or better. Since you hate changing the filter, an option is to use a long OCI rated filter (like a Fram Ultra or Endurance) and run it at least 2 or 3 times, which would still be way under it's max mileage use rating.

Last edited:
How does one determine correct 'gas engine' mileage with hybrid vehicles?
What engine do you have?
Lastly, get the free dealer oil change without your jug. If they offer it at 7.5k, then change your own oil in-between (3.75k).
The dealers oil is synthetic and its plenty-fine for 3.75k.

I use Champ XL oil filters. They are virtually identical to OEM Korea. Get em' cheap from rockauto.com.
Take the word virtual with a grain of salt thou. (example) Our USA is not virtually identical to Korea.
Mine is a cartridge and I use Premium Guard and it even says made in Korea on filter

The "best" oil filter can depend on a lot of factors. What are the main factors associated with your filter buying and use criteria?

PS/edit - Based on your original post, pretty much any filter will be good for 3750 to 5000 miles. If you want good efficiency, chose any that are rated at 95% @ 20u or better. Since you hate changing the filter, an option is to use a long OCI rated filter (like a Fram Ultra or Endurance) and run it at least 2 or 3 times, which would still be way under it's max mileage use rating.
Where do you find the filter efficiency? None of the vendors (NAPA, Autozone, Advance, etc.) list it. Neither do the manufacturers' product pages.

If your engine uses a cartridge get a Premium Guard....an excellent Korean filter. On Amazon.
If your engine uses the can get the Hyundai OEM.

The oil filter is the least of the problems with Hyundai engines (not counting the new slipstreams or whatever they are called, jury still out on them.)

I bought a case of OEM's for around $4-$5 filter, came with crush washers. Bought them for wifes Tucson and sons Santa Fe, but ditched the Tucson, so my sons Santa Fe gets them eclusively. My other son has a Rio that takes the same filter, but I just throw and Ecogard or Purolator tech on his car ($160 K and blows so much oil by, it gets a new oil change every week.........exagerating a wee bit, but not much.)

I recently purchased OEM 26300-35505 for 2023 Kia Soul, but diameter seemed larger compared to other filters I had available, fram orange can and fram synthetic.

I opted to install fram synthetic because it mates up perfectly on surface, whereas 26300-35505 sticks out a bit. When I was screwing it on, it felt like it wasn't a great fit compared to the fram.

I'm sure it's perfectly fine because it's OEM but I didn't feel comfortable with it. Afterwards, I found one Amazon review that mentions this and also one eBay review.

Back