Anyone think Ford is going away?

Both of my Ford's have been excellent. My only problem with Ford is that they no longer sell cars in America.

I agree. Even if they think it's going to be too low of a volume in the US to sell, at least explain to us why you can't sell some of the same cars sold in other countries in the US, even if you have to import them. My guess is that they are going to claim that to make a car meet US emissions and safety standards it costs too much, but I'd like to see the math on that.

I agree. Even if they think it's going to be too low of a volume in the US to sell, at least explain to us why you can't sell some of the same cars sold in other countries in the US, even if you have to import them. My guess is that they are going to claim that to make a car meet US emissions and safety standards it costs too much, but I'd like to see the math on that.
Trucks and big SUV's are funding electric vehicles with their large profits. Sedans not so much.

Ford will not go away in our lifetime...they did not go into bankruptcy during the Great Recession because the family owns a special type of stockk that is above preferred stock which enables them to control the company... if Ford was to have went bankrupt the family would have lost control of the company... hence they did not make the same move GM and Mopar did. https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannm...and-remain-firmly-in-control/?sh=169124572174

Ford will report earnings after the bell today.

Click on the 5 year chart. Not a company I would invest in.

Ford will report earnings after the bell today.

Click on the 5 year chart. Not a company I would invest in.

I bought Ford at the end of 2008 for $1.80
I’m still pretty happy !!

Love my 04 Expedition, first Ford I have owned. Granted she is old and low tech but that is just how I like them. Tech is not all it's cracked up to be. I would consider a Ford again over a GM product if I had to buy a new vehicle. They will be fine long-term.

Ford will not go away in our lifetime...they did not go into bankruptcy during the Great Recession because the family owns a special type of stockk that is above preferred stock which enables them to control the company... if Ford was to have went bankrupt the family would have lost control of the company... hence they did not make the same move GM and Mopar did. https://www.forbes.com/sites/joannm...and-remain-firmly-in-control/?sh=169124572174
This ^^ can't emphasize enough, the family controls the class A stock - and we don't.Hate on Ford all you want they are not going anywhere

That article you linked to is hilarious. All those non family stock owners complaining.... you don´t like it, then why you buy the stock? Stock ownership IS NOT a democracy!! Hhahahaha, ask Boone Pickens vs Koito, or Sardar Biglari vs Cracker Barrel.

Ford stock is doing fine, and ford as a company isn't going broke.

I'll be dead long before ford disappears.

Screenshot_20230705-200028_Firefox.jpg

Takes two to beat up one 🤨🤨🤨

GMC and Chevy are the same truck. The differences between them are the same differences you can find in (say) an F150 XL vs F150 XLT. In other words, they're different trims but the same truck.

No chance. Especially with what Ford is doing with EVs, they arent going anywhere anytime soon. Id be more worried about some of the Japanese manufacturers than I would Ford.
If you had told me 20 years ago that Ford and GM would be leading the charge with electric cars, Id never had believed you.

Ford will continue to dominate fleet and light truck sales. They keep making major screwups with the bottom of the barrel vehicles and a multitude of recalls and quality issues for decades now. I dont see that changing one bit and they will continue to have some amalgamation of a fan base.

Imagine having a PTU that is a lifetime unit w/o any way to change the fluid in it. Imagine a 2018 Ford Edge like that. Imagine an engineering department that is a fantasy.

I can't say if Ford is going away but I am sure when my Ford goes away it will be my last vehicle wearing this.

View attachment 149944
I have to agree 100% with you. The PTU in my 2017 edge sport has very hot exhaust pipes practically wrapped around it and only has 1/2 quart or so of (LIFETIME) oil in there. It is laughable what these engineers are thinking.

Back