Anyone think Ford is going away?

Imagine having a PTU that is a lifetime unit w/o any way to change the fluid in it. Imagine a 2018 Ford Edge like that. Imagine an engineering department that is a fantasy.

I can't say if Ford is going away but I am sure when my Ford goes away it will be my last vehicle wearing this.

ford.jpg

Imagine having a PTU that is a lifetime unit w/o any way to change the fluid in it. Imagine a 2018 Ford Edge like that. Imagine an engineering department that is a fantasy.

I can't say if Ford is going away but I am sure when my Ford goes away it will be my last vehicle wearing this.

View attachment 149944

Unfortunately, I think we're going to continue to see more of this from all manufactures.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

Reactions: JC1

View attachment 149944

I'm holding my 15 F150 Lariat for as long as I can!!!

So many current owners regretting their purchase, and watching the brand fall on its face so often in the last 4-5 years will turn off buyers to source from other brands, however other brands will or are currently annoying their owners so the cross shopping will continue and nobody at Ford will care. Musical chairs?

With the auto industry willy nilly changing to electric vehicles with lithium batteries, it could happen. Say a big breakout with a different battery technology appears and Ford has already gone too far down the lithium path to adapt. Or, say there is a breakout in hydrogen production that makes batteries obsolete, and Ford has all their money in lithium. Could happen.

3 out of 5 of our vehicles is Ford. But they're getting close to 20 years old. I've heard the Fords today though isn't the same. My sister in law works at one of the call in lines for Ford. She said they have a lot of tech issues.

I like my truck and plan on keeping it for awhile longer. However I severely dislike the electronics. I would trade it in for a hybrid superduty.

Back