My 2023 Ford Maverick still hasn’t arrived at dealer.

I placed an order for a 2023 Ford Maverick back in August 2022 through a large dealership in Kansas. This dealership advertises on the Maverick forums. They didn’t require a deposit for the order. They received close to 800 orders before the ordering books closed within a few weeks. By this summer, Ford only scheduled about 1/4 of those orders and was going to give all the Maverick orders a 2024 rollover priority and incentives. With the interest rates tripling in the last year, my $36,000 Lariat was way too expensive for me. I was going to downgrade to a XLT and reduce the price below $30,000 with the $2500 incentive Ford was giving me. So in the last week of 2023 scheduling, I get the “your Maverick is scheduled for production” ***? I didn’t want this Lariat and was looking forward to ordering the XLT. This truck was built in the first week of October, the last week of the 2023 production schedule. The 2024 started up the second week of October.

The truck was built and shipped on Oct 7th. It arrived in Kansas City at the Railyard/Port facility less than two weeks later. This is where the truck has sat for the last 2 1/2 months. No one from the dealer has contacted me so I been putting this dealer on blast on the Maverick forum. The two members from this dealer that post on this forum have been treating my thread like herpes and avoiding it at all cost. The internet manager finally posted on the thread and said he called his regional rep to find out what’s going on. I know what’s going on, the truck was damaged in transit and they don’t have the parts to fix it. This dealer has had plenty of 2023 and 2024 Mavericks on their lot the last three months because people have been rejecting their orders when they come in. They could’ve offered me one of those trucks at a discount for my troubles, but nothing but crickets from this place. This truck is a year old already and losing depreciation by the day and it wasn’t even delivered yet. I have never owned a Ford but the non sense of what you have to do to buy one of their trucks is a joke.

Ford REALLY dropped the ball on Mavericks when it comes to delivery and production.
For their sake, I'm hoping it's more of a situation where they didn't expect Mavericks to be so popular ... and not just general poor manufacturing processes.

I'm in a few Maverick groups on facebook. There's people just now getting a 2023/2024 maverick who ordered when Ford opened the first order bank back in 2021. Of course that means they're paying significantly more than they had intended.

Bought my last Ford in 1979. I would buy a 2024 year model of whatever you want.

Wonder which railyard... all the storage spots/rail yards I go by is just F150 and above. If I knew which one might be a good excuse to go for a ride. But as Hermann said there is quite a few at dealers around KC.

Most of the Mavericks that are heading to the midwest end up in Kansas City, then they are put on different trains or trucks to the final dealer.

I am not going to buy this truck. Who knows what happen to it, fell off the back of the transport truck? My 2023 $500 Farm Bureau certificate expired on January 2nd also.

I'm convinced Ford doesn't want to sell lower profit margin small/mid-sized trucks to consumers. They want to sell high-profit loaded F-series to consumers with high interest loans and large amounts of base model trucks exclusively to fleets.

Our local Ford dealer had 3 Mavericks on the lot a few weeks ago, and they were priced with a markup that made them not a significantly better bargain than a full-size or Ranger. It's a shame because while I'm not in the market for a pickup, I know several who want Mavericks but can't find them or get the run around from the dealers. This is very poor business practice.

I placed an order for a 2023 Ford Maverick back in August 2022 through a large dealership in Kansas. This dealership advertises on the Maverick forums. They didn’t require a deposit for the order. They received close to 800 orders before the ordering books closed within a few weeks. By this summer, Ford only scheduled about 1/4 of those orders and was going to give all the Maverick orders a 2024 rollover priority and incentives. With the interest rates tripling in the last year, my $36,000 Lariat was way too expensive for me. I was going to downgrade to a XLT and reduce the price below $30,000 with the $2500 incentive Ford was giving me. So in the last week of 2023 scheduling, I get the “your Maverick is scheduled for production” ***? I didn’t want this Lariat and was looking forward to ordering the XLT. This truck was built in the first week of October, the last week of the 2023 production schedule. The 2024 started up the second week of October.

The truck was built and shipped on Oct 7th. It arrived in Kansas City at the Railyard/Port facility less than two weeks later. This is where the truck has sat for the last 2 1/2 months. No one from the dealer has contacted me so I been putting this dealer on blast on the Maverick forum. The two members from this dealer that post on this forum have been treating my thread like herpes and avoiding it at all cost. The internet manager finally posted on the thread and said he called his regional rep to find out what’s going on. I know what’s going on, the truck was damaged in transit and they don’t have the parts to fix it. This dealer has had plenty of 2023 and 2024 Mavericks on their lot the last three months because people have been rejecting their orders when they come in. They could’ve offered me one of those trucks at a discount for my troubles, but nothing but crickets from this place. This truck is a year old already and losing depreciation by the day and it wasn’t even delivered yet. I have never owned a Ford but the non sense of what you have to do to buy one of their trucks is a joke.
Teach them a lesson they MIGHT remember? You should go in and see the Manager. Inquire about your order and let him squirm and lie to you. Then tell him where to put the truck + your order since he has none of your money. Do they deserve your business after treating you like your order/purchase means nothing to them?

I see a lot of folks with internet anonymity talking trash, saying Ford doesn't want to make them, etc. Bah humbug. For one thing the chip shortage is a fact, for another they never dreamed the Maverick would be so popular. I will say it was poor planning. I ordered mine August 2022; got a serial# Sept. '23, shipped October from Hermasillo, MX. Absolutely love the little critter, while it is somewhat basic it has all the goodies I need.

Back