Anyone still using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum?

Is anyone still using Pnz Ultra Platinum? I have used Pnz Platinum religiously in the past but I one cold flow test, Pnz semi synthetic actually flowed better than the Platinum. I just purchased a 2016 Honda Odyssey with 82k miles. I’m thinking I will use Mobil1 Full Synthetic or Pnz Ultra Platinum. I would have to order the Ultra online.

Yup, I'm using PUP 0w-20 in the 2.4 L na 4 banger in my 2016 CR-V, with a Fram Ultra oil filter.

The best price that I found is at Walmart online, buy two or more at a time or enough other stuff at the same time so that you get at least $50 worth of purchase to get the free shipping.

If I see Ultra Platinum at a good price, I'll buy it and use it (and have). It's a very good oil, but my perception is that it is priced a little higher than other brands on the shelf. Not sure about using the "blend," its probably excellent, but you can get QS full syn for the same price. One last thought: your Odyssey will run fine on just about any syn brand. The Honda and Acura V6's, and the older 4 cylinder cars are not prima donnas. Best wishes with your barely broken in Honda.

I used it a few times in 5w-30 flavor but switched to Penn Plat Euro LX in 0w-30 a while ago, also made from nat. gas, made in Germany, cars seem to like it better and imho LX has better approvals.

Is anyone still using Pnz Ultra Platinum? I have used Pnz Platinum religiously in the past but I one cold flow test, Pnz semi synthetic actually flowed better than the Platinum. I just purchased a 2016 Honda Odyssey with 82k miles. I’m thinking I will use Mobil1 Full Synthetic or Pnz Ultra Platinum. I would have to order the Ultra online.
I use the 0-20 PUP in my 17 Camry 2.5 and prefer it. It's a thick 20w and runs smoothly and quietly in my ride.

I have it in my '19 Impreza. Have a few more 5qt jugs left too. I got PP this rebate cycle cause it was available and ~$10 cheaper then PUP.

Reactions: FZ1
I wanted to use PUP in my truck but it didn't have the latest Ford certification. It went into my daughter's Hyundai instead. Just buying M1EP or Truck and SUV at the moment.

I did 5 years ago but PP had the cert I was looking for and PUP Didnt.
ms-13340
Did you notice that PP dropped MS-13340?

I bought two jugs for when I run out of PP Euro LX when they had the cert, good luck proving that should something actually go wrong.

I used it when it first came out, but now I feel like it is pretty much the same as Platinum, which is great oil. Why bother with paying more for it?

Until Pennzoil claims a significant difference, like they used to (claimed its use resulted in significantly cleaner pistons than Platinum, for one) I will assume it is marginally, if at all, different. I will look again, but the last time I saw the PDS for 0w20, it was nearly the same as Platinum.

I´d love it if they´d soup it up and have some clear data that it out performs Platinum and even other premium oils.

Back