Any wheat beer fans around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: Pablo
No one has mentioned Widmer yet. It really is the best wheat beer.

It's good.

Widmer wheat on tap is awesome.

I guess my taste buds are not refined. All I wnat is cool crisp Beer that dont make me wake up with a headache!! In this hot wheather i even throw some ice cubes in the glass although I usually drink from the can. I hope my wife wont find out I had a sixpack tonite!!! I'm not supposed to drink more than one beer per week thats what She says.

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
Originally Posted By: Oilpants
A Bud will do for me its the King of beer!!

Ummm that's hilarious! If a Bud will do you then I guess thanks for that means more good beer for me!

Dude you've got to get out more!

The stuff at the bottom of the bottle is yeast from the bottle fermenting process.

Hoegarden pronounced Who-garden = Right On!

Surprisnly Shock Top Wheat by Bud is decent too!

My Wife allows only one beer every weak usually the day I'm of work - she counts the cans and bottles in the Fridge and lectsures me when she finds out I was noshing! Of course she is not around when Im at work so she cant control my beer consumption for a good part off the day lol

Geeze, am I the only one that thinks Widmer is skunkweizen? The quality is only slightly better than Pyramid or even Blitz-Weinhard. Perhaps I'm spoiled...I get to drink the real-deal homebrew weizen (non-pasteurized and no "Lemon Pledge"). But for those of you that think Widmer is all that, I suggest you drive on down to Portland, get a stool at Gustav's Bier Stube, and ask for any of the bottled or on-tap import helles- or dunkelweizens (unfortunately, again pasteurized for your "safety"). You'll quickly realize that Widmer is run-of-the-mill...

Plus, and I know this is out of Widmer's hands (thank you, Washington State Liquor Control Board), but who makes a good weizen in a .333l bottle? IT HAS TO BE A HALF-LITER!

Okay, sorry about that outburst. Now I'm thirsty...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I recently tried some Franziskaner... I thought that the sediment at the bottom was a dirty bottle and was getting ready to return it, but then read on line that that's the whole idea... lol.

Anyway, which other wheat beer would you recommend?

La Fin du Monde

Like you, I also prefer a good beer that has it's share of sediment
wink.gif

I've really enjoyed this one for years, and it has yet to fail me. Strong as heck (1 bottle does me well for the night at 9% alcohol).

Last edited:
Just saw that Bud Light is coming out with some type of "wheat Light," or something like that. Might have to try it. Man, I LOVE wheat beers so much that I just started making my own. Haven't tried any of the ones ya'll are mentioning, but if it's skunky, it's got to suck bad.

Blue Moon is a wheat beer, and a darn good one! Obviously opinions vary, but I do agree most beers are good if you're a beer drinker!

Last edited:
In the Kansas City area Boulevard Brewing makes a pretty decent Unfiltered wheat beer. Just ditch the lemon. It is better from bottles than from a tap IMO.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Still trying to find Paulaner Weisse.

Finally found some Paulaner Weisse at Binny's. Can't wait to try it...

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
EZ Street Wheat from Odells in Fort Collins Colorado (CSU Alum here :)) is my vote for an unfiltered wheat beer. Good stuff!

Ditto on the beer.

Wiehanstephaner, while I was in NC visiting friends came in a big bottle, and VERY GOOD! I like TROEGS beer since I am in that area. I also love HOFFBRAU HOUSE DUNKEL/BLONDE as thats some good beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back