An hour on the phone with Dell today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted in my virus thread that I ordered a new Dell computer Tuesday. It was listed on a sale page that said "Why wait for Black Friday?" Today I checked the Dell web site and the model I ordered was $100 cheaper than it was on Tuesday. I spent an hour on hold with customer service and long story short they are refunding $100 to my Amex card. They were not going to, but after she checked my order history and saw this was the fourth computer I'd ordered from them in the last 8 years, they changed their mind.

Dell is better than most companies regarding stuff like that. You just have to be willing to spend time going after it.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Well...whacha get? And how much?

Inspiron 660, Core i5, 8GB of RAM, 1TB hard drive, $449.00.

most placed will give you your money back because they know that people will return and buy again and they have to go thru processing and they will have to sell the item as open box.

it makes sense in business perspective to just give your money back.

They darn well better. And an hour of your life wasted isn't anything good. I'd have demanded $150 or let them keep the computer. Far better machines can be built for less money and an hour's time.

I would bet 80-90% of BITOG members have no idea on how to build a computer. About the same percentage struggle mightedly on how to remove a virus, without reformatting the hard drive. About the same percentage don't know how to format. About the same percentage are novice internet surfers

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
They were not going to, but after she checked my order history and saw this was the fourth computer I'd ordered from them in the last 8 years, they changed their mind.

If they told you it was a "Good will" refund you can tell them it's far too late for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back