Autozone ftw!

So I placed an order over the phone and for whatever reason I didn't get any kind of confirmation. No email, receipt or anything. Whenever I picked my part up I bought something else and only got the receipt for that item since my item I called in was already paid for. So this guy after a bit of back and forth arguing of how could their be no record of my purchase in the system ends up manually looking through every transaction for the day I purchased it since I was atleast able to look up that day on my credit card statement. After probably 10 minutes he was able to give me a refund. He was the one who didn't give me a receipt, but luckily the store was quiet and he was able to do all that. Lol Lesson learned I guess, just because they ask for your phone number doesn't always mean it keeps a record, although I think autozone is the only retarded place that doesn't lol. I'm just glad he didn't leave me high and dry. I'm not sire why I placed the order over the phone, I could have just verified it was in stock, then ordered online like normal instead of giving my credit card info to an employee.

Last edited:
this is the reason i only deal with advance. AAP has taken unbelievably good care of me and work. when it’s for work its right away at any cost to them. for personal time, it’s the cheapest but fastest way. my local store does more for me than i could ever ask for.

this is the reason i only deal with advance. AAP has taken unbelievably good care of me and work. when it’s for work its right away at any cost to them. for personal time, it’s the cheapest but fastest way. my local store does more for me than i could ever ask for.
We don't have very many aap in my area, but yet their is an oreillys and autozone on every street corner

We don't have very many aap in my area, but yet their is an oreillys and autozone on every street corner
We have a corner with AAP, AZ, and Oreilly's all on the same corner - within a couple buildings. Last time I was in one was AAP 5 years ago to buy a $12 tail light bulb. :(

No idea how these places stay in business honestly?

We have a corner with AAP, AZ, and Oreilly's all on the same corner - within a couple buildings. Last time I was in one was AAP 5 years ago to buy a $12 tail light bulb. :(

They're always busy in my area unless it's late in the evening. That's usually when I go is between 8 and 9

I think they're selling to auto repair shops instead of consumers.. commercial accounts are probably keeping the lights on!

I think they're selling to auto repair shops instead of consumers.. commercial accounts are probably keeping the lights on!
Your probably right - but if that is true why do these places keep buying very expensive prime location retail real estate and building there fancy buildings? Federated has stores here (there called Parks, which was a local chain they bought out). There in out of the way cheap places, but I see there little trucks driving around all the time - presumably delivering parts to the shops?

Your probably right - but if that is true why do these places keep buying very expensive prime location retail real estate and building there fancy buildings? Federated has stores here (there called Parks, which was a local chain they bought out). There in out of the way cheap places, but I see there little trucks driving around all the time - presumably delivering parts to the shops?
I don't think they own the buildings, they're leased typically. It's more expensive to build in a bad location. We've had a lot of businesses go belly up nearby me because of a highway. Nobody is going to sit in traffic for an hour to visit a store, they'll go somewhere else. I have to go the long way to work around aa lake everyday because the short route frequently takes 30 minutes to make it one city block and I never know what they'll have planned for the day.

People needing a battery ASAP for their vehicle.

Yep they make the most from the commercial side of the business. I have commercial accounts with Autozone, O'rielly etc but honestly I get 98% of my stuff from Autozone. Interesting info too is that there are TONS more parts available on the commercial side that isn't offered to the DYI customer.

Yep they make the most from the commercial side of the business. I have commercial accounts with Autozone, O'rielly etc but honestly I get 98% of my stuff from Autozone. Interesting info too is that there are TONS more parts available on the commercial side that isn't offered to the DYI customer.
wow, thanks for letting us know! I kinda thought there was more there on the commercial side..

I don’t go to parts stores unless in an absolute pinch or to drop off oil.

I ended up snapping a lug off a few months ago when changing to snow tires on my truck. Called AZ and the guy was able to pull my stuff so the wife could come in and pick them up and pay on her way home from work. It was all seamless.

Last time I was at Oreilly, I was basically called stupid for buying Mobil 1 for my at the time new 4Runner. You win some and you lose some.

What sort of things does AZ only offer to commercial guys only?

What sort of things does AZ only offer to commercial guys only?
Their commercial website is lightyears ahead of OReillys. Its not that it is offered to commercial only, its just everything behind the counter and their warehouses that they don't have out on the shelves that people can wander around and grab. Different brands that don't pay to be part of the plan-o-gram.

That being said, the "discounts" at the Oreillys and Autozones for shops is literally retail with an inflated retail shown on the invoice. They do have some rebate deals and shop only deals when you combine purchases. Stuff like the Elite or whatever they call the nice brake pads with rotors and you get some random dollar amount off the bottom.

Autozone keeps records of their lifetime warranty parts purchases nationwide. I bought an alternator for my gf’s tracer in Illinois, 11yrs later the bearings were making noise and I was able to warranty it in Pennsylvania with nothing more than my name and a phone number. I couldn’t even remember if I bought it at autozone, but they were able to look it up.

Back