Amsoil EAO filter Microns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally, it depends on the kind of driving you do and the condition of your car. 15,000 miles is easy. The Eao filter has been tested out to 60,000 miles and was still good. So even 20,000 miles or more is possible. You just have to do what you feel is right for you and perhaps back it up with a UOA.

Quote:

If you care about your vehicle, or if you just want the best filter now available, you owe it to yourself to give it a try

Please.
pat2.gif

I guess I don't "care" for my engine.
bop.gif

Wonder how I've made 200k+ and 300k+ on engines without this filter?

Wonder how all of my UOAs have low insol on the tests?

On V8s, V6, I4?

All on a $2 filters?
dunno.gif

Take care, bill
patriot.gif

PS: Been selling Amsoil for long?

I'm not interested in selling Amsoil Bill. The Eao filter has proven to be such a great filter, I have been obsessed with spreading the word and enjoying hearing how well they have performed for others. I do think everyone should at least try this new technology to see if it performs as well for them as it has for me. I look forward to other manufacturers offering a similar filter as I believe they eventually will. Sure, engines can last a long time with #@$%! filters and so so oil, but how do you know they wouldn'y run 500,000 miles or more with superb oil and filtration? How can anyone ignore this superior technology?
I guess it is as with everything, it will take time and education for a change to take place. For years I resisted trying synthetic oil, now after using it, I wonder what took me so long.

Be well Bill,
Harry
cheers.gif

Sorry, but your coming off like a salesman for Amsoil.

Since I'm STILL going at over 300k on "so so" oil and Fram filters, I have no worries with it making it longer.

And just think of the SAVINGS over the 21 years I have NOT spent to use the "best"...

Don't know how I've lasted over the years without all this improved stuff.
smirk.gif

Take care, bill
patriot.gif

Last edited:
A gazillion years of tradition unhampered by progress would not persuade me much at all. I'm going to try the Amsoil Filters for a awhile and make up my own mind. There should be lots of data in the months ahead so the truth will come out.
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Sorry, but your coming off like a salesman for Amsoil.

And just think of the SAVINGS over the 21 years I have NOT spent to use the "best"...

Don't know how I've lasted over the years without all this improved stuff.
smirk.gif

Take care, bill
patriot.gif

I should be on Amsoils payroll
laugh.gif
, they are getting a lot of advertising for free. I totally believe in the filtering ability of this filter as well as oil flow transparity and the ability of eating and holding a large quantity of contaminents.
I am on my 4th oil change usung the same filter. 4 changes into $12 is 3 bucks, pretty much sounds like a low cost option, especially considering the elevated performance of this fine filter. Besides, you could always be a closet Eao user.
laugh.gif

Regards,Harry
driving.gif

Quote:

I should be on Amsoils payroll
laugh.gif
, they are getting a lot of advertising for free. I totally believe in the filtering ability of this filter as well as oil flow transparity and the ability of eating and holding a large quantity of contaminents.
I am on my 4th oil change usung the same filter. 4 changes into $12 is 3 bucks, pretty much sounds like a low cost option, especially considering the elevated performance of this fine filter. Besides, you could always be a closet Eao user.
laugh.gif

Regards,Harry
driving.gif

Well, Make sure you do your OWN testing. Because you are not sure if running the filter 3-4 times is going to work well.

300k+ on my engine is proving that what I've been doing works. My many UOAs with low insol shows that its still working on my newer engines.

Also, The EAO filters are $15.30 plus shipping. Where are you getting them for $12?
confused.gif

My filters cost $2 to $3 depending on when I bought them and sales tax.

No, I'm very open on what I use in my cars. I cut open my oil filters everytime and post photos of them here. I spend $$ on UOAs and post them here for everyone to see.

So when I'm speaking of something, I've done the work. Not just soaked up the marketing...
grin.gif

Take care, bill
patriot.gif

Bill,
I get my Eaos at the Amsoil distributor, $11.50 plus tax. As a preffered customer, I pay a lower price than the $15 I would have to pay if I didn't belong. Despite my objections to the MLM used by Amsoil, it is clearly a superior filter.

Respectfully,
Harry

Quote:

laugh.gif

Regards,Harry
driving.gif

Well...that seems like a great Ea0 test filter to test...one with a lot of miles on it. If you really want to impress the crowd, have George fix you up with one of his quality particle counts (unlike the faux ones from some Labs) right before your next oil change.

Quote:

Mobil 1 filters are a microglass/cellulose blend filter which is vastly superior to cellulose only but as in the chain with the weakest link, we are still stuck with the deficiencies of paper. Mobil, as with Amsoil, do not actually manufacture the filters they market, so are beholding to the manufacturer's filter medium capabilities and use. Since Champion is not currently manufacturing any full synthetic automotive/truck medium filters, neither will Mobil. But if a market for very high quality synthetic medium develops, then I am sure Mobil/Champion will move forward to begin marketing them.
George Morrison, STLE CLS

I don't think the "bold" is quite correctly stated. Champ has top tier media for any customer that wants to pay for it. They've manufactured top tier media in the past with the AC DuraGuard Gold. Not enough demand ...no more DG Gold. So, it's not a case of Mobil not being able to offer it since Champ doesn't already make it. It's a case of no one wanting to pay the ante for Champ to manufacture the filters in automotive sizes. There's not much to putting a different base plate and label on certain can sizes with any media inside
dunno.gif

...or so I'm told.....

The last AC Gold I cut open had a cellulose/glass blend, same as the Mobil 1 medium...... That is the only medium I have seen produced for mass sale: no full synthetics, as in the Amsoil EaO, to the best of my knowledge and cut filters too numerous to mention! :) And yes, had run particle counts on AC Gold and they were not in the same world as the EaO oil filter.....
George Morrison, STLE CLS

Good point Gary. One can see an example with the AC UPF1218 on Grease's filter study website.

And I believe they still may be producing the AC Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF44 Oil Filters. Could be that after the Exxon-Mobil merge, such low margin products couldn't get management approval so the result is the current M1 filters.

Quote:

Good point Gary. One can see an example with the AC UPF1218 on Grease's filter study website.

And I believe they still may be producing the AC Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF44 Oil Filters. Could be that after the Exxon-Mobil merge, such low margin products couldn't get management approval so the result is the current M1 filters.

With their record profits, they should put them to good use. Looks like EOM will be caught flat footed again just like syn oil availability was years ago.........now everyone has a synthetic oil. How long do you think it will take for M1 and Pure1 to step up?

Harry

the answer is 42
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

How long do you think it will take for M1 and Pure1 to step up?

If the AC Delco UPF example is any indicator, it'll be a long time before they do. 99% of the market will be bamboozled by expensive and flashy marketing so there's no need to actually invest more in a better performing product. Combine that with people like Bill who already get 300K out of an engine with inexpensive filters and it'll be tough to convince people they need the much improved filtration capability.

That's my take. Amsoil is such a niche market that it will never challenge the competition to produce better products. There's no gain in it. People that are sorta "in the know" will gravitate to a PureOne for the best bang of that level of filtration and not ante up (almost double) for the difference of an M1. M1 filter users are brand loyal and don't really care about the cost.

There's really nothing to alter most of the current consumer motivations in filter selection with JUST the introduction of a better filter ...under ANY label. Amsoil's niche type marketing is the only way that something like this can work. You're paying a premium of premiums for the privelege. It's not worth it to the mass vendors to offer this level of filtration at any price. They're already balanced out in the cost:demand:marketing yield triangle. Amsoil, OTOH, is operating on its adaptive home court.

Is an EaO worth 20% more than an M1 in comparative worth? I'd say, "YES". Is the M1 worth the premium that it demands in the market to begin with? Not in my opinion ....but Mobil and those who buy the filters don't agree with me. The majority of the cost is in marketing and ROI for those who distribute it and is way out of whack with on a cost:performance basis.

I doubt that the EaO line is any threat to M1's throne in the consumer's eye ..as few who can perceive it to begin with.

The AC UPF44 or UPF51A are straight synthetic media filters. The UPF44 is the current OEM engine filter for Corvettes. They may not match the Eao ..but is a Champ offering in full synthetic media
dunno.gif

Quote:

That's my take. Amsoil is such a niche market that it will never challenge the competition to produce better products. There's no gain in it. People that are sorta "in the know" will gravitate to a PureOne for the best bang of that level of filtration and not ante up (almost double) for the difference of an M1. M1 filter users are brand loyal and don't really care about the cost.

There's really nothing to alter most of the current consumer motivations in filter selection with JUST the introduction of a better filter ...under ANY label. Amsoil's niche type marketing is the only way that something like this can work. You're paying a premium of premiums for the privelege. It's not worth it to the mass vendors to offer this level of filtration at any price. They're already balanced out in the cost:demand:marketing yield triangle. Amsoil, OTOH, is operating on its adaptive home court.

Is an EaO worth 20% more than an M1 in comparative worth? I'd say, "YES". Is the M1 worth the premium that it demands in the market to begin with? Not in my opinion ....but Mobil and those who buy the filters don't agree with me. The majority of the cost is in marketing and ROI for those who distribute it and is way out of whack with on a cost:performance basis.

I doubt that the EaO line is any threat to M1's throne in the consumer's eye ..as few who can perceive it to begin with.

Gary, I think you have the cost of the filters wrong. The last I saw the EaO was something like $20+, Mobil 1 was $11+, and Pure One was $6+. Big premium there to get the best filter when the data indicates that engines run a really long time on $2.00+ filters.
dunno.gif

The primary reason for the EAO filter is to control the levels of organic and inorganic solids over greatly extended drain intervals, when using Amsoils synthetics. This is necessary to keep the wear rates down and to minimize thickening from the formation of insoluble polymers (total solids), in the oil.

If you are changing oil every 3k-5k miles there is NO NEED for this level of filtration. In other words, engine wear is NOT going to be the limiting factor in determining vehicle life. We have a saying in engineering that "better is often the enemy of good".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back