Amsoil EAO filter Microns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

.....Full list price...$$$$...+ tax + shipping $$$$$$ +advertising.......+fuel surcharge.....=$$$$$$$$$......Got it! Why can't they sell like everyone else does?

I'm sure there are some autoparts dealers on this BITOG site, can any of you tell me why the Eao is not stocked? Think of how many more drivers would be using the Eao if it was more readily available.

I called 3 dealers in my area and they still pass on the shipping charges to the customer. The best that I've found is that some dealers will wave (eat it themselves) the preferred customer fee. I guess if you don't go to a show or somewhere that they sell in volume, you're going to pay shipping.

The only thing any dealer can do for you is, perhaps, reduce S&H if he's getting the shipment with other stuff. To your door ..and JUST the filter...there's not enough room to do that.

I'm looking at the tax that they charge for my state (NY)and it's 8.375%. My state sales tax is 8.125%, how can they charge more??

Results based on your request:
Taxing Jurisdiction: Orange County
Jurisdiction Reporting Code: 3321
Combined State and Local Sales Tax: 8.125%

Quote:

I'm looking at the tax that they charge for my state (NY)and it's 8.375%. My state sales tax is 8.125%, how can they charge more??

Looks like they got some splainin to do.
frown.gif

Quote:

you must've confused them, you say you're in "upstate" NY....Orange county is surely not upstate
laugh.gif

A lot of times Amsoil asks for the county to assess the proper sales tax. I think if you provide them with the 9 digit area code the proper tax will also be applied.

Quote:

Quote:

Paul,

That's the rate the state gave us to charge. They give us the highest rate in the state. If your tax is different, please let the operator/internet department know at the time of the order and we can manually do an adjustment.

Thanks!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Paul,

That's the rate the state gave us to charge. They give us the highest rate in the state. If your tax is different, please let the operator/internet department know at the time of the order and we can manually do an adjustment.

Thanks!

hmmmmm, Oneida County is either 9 or 9.25%....state/county/local

rsylvstr, we like to think of it as "Upstate NY" if you know what I mean. When I called them they said they could change it manually. Wonderful..... Whatever......navigating through the Amsoil Maze.......TNX

Quote:

rsylvstr, we like to think of it as "Upstate NY" if you know what I mean. When I called them they said they could change it manually. Wonderful..... Whatever......navigating through the Amsoil Maze.......TNX

In the end, you will (after jumping through all the hoops), get the finest filter now available...........worth it I think.

Harry
driving.gif

GeorgeCLS stated that the Eao should be considered a 10 micron filter, if so, that would be fantastic! I was thinking that a 10 micron level would be ideal for filtering out all those abrasive nasties that would love to have lunch at the engines expense.

Harry
driving.gif

I was just thinking, as the filter ages, I have been told that the efficiency increases. Is this also true of the Eao's media? It flows better than a celulose filter or even a combined media type, will the flow from the Eao diminish appreciably with use?

Harry

Quote:

Quote:

And what about it's filtering ability, will it filter to a lower micron level?

Nominal (50% effeciency) is at 7 microns. So yes it will filter to a lower level.

That is what I was thinking. Because I am using a synthetic oil, I am not that concerned with the Eao filter removing VI improvers due to none being in the oil. Is it true that the Amsoil 0W-30 oil has no VI improvers?

Harry

Is it true that the Amsoil 0W-30 oil has no VI improvers?

They don't say that, so probably not, but Amsoil states their 10W-30/SAE 30 diesel/gas oil has no VI/I.

Quote:

Because I am using a synthetic oil, I am not that concerned with the Eao filter removing VI improvers due to none being in the oil.

Whoa, hold da phone!
ooo.gif

Where do we see the micron size of VI improvers as listed at 7 microns or where do we see evidence that any filter, bypass or otherwise, is capable of removing VI improvers from the oil stream?

Quote:

Quote:

Because I am using a synthetic oil, I am not that concerned with the Eao filter removing VI improvers due to none being in the oil.

Whoa, hold da phone!
ooo.gif

Where do we see the micron size of VI improvers as listed at 7 microns or where do we see evidence that any filter, bypass or otherwise, is capable of removing VI improvers from the oil stream?

GeorgeCLS has observed this when he used some particularly efficient filters. Yes, the Eao is nominally efficient at 7 microns, that doesn't mean it doesn't filter at a lower micron level, with reduced efficiency of course. I have taken to use the same Eao filter for 15,000 miles. It is said that a filter becomes more efficient with use. I was pondering the effects on VI improver removal or lack of.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back