About Mobil1's Noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

better wear numbers with conventional oils than synthetics?
Really? So, Why do we use synthetics? How can they sell synthetics? I believe most of ours OCI is 5k-7.5k. Most new vehicles have 5k or more OCI requirment by factory.

Synthetics are supposed to last longer than conventionals; allowing people like JAG and Buster (whom do not like changing oil) to go farther on an OCI without having to change their oil out. You could maybe change a conventional twice as often and have no more wear than a synthetic changed half as often.

like i said before in my tacoma that i ran M1 syn 5w30 for over 40k miles deff had motor noises like ticking and etc.. since i switched to durablend 10w30 the noises are gone and my idleing is smoother. ill check back on these after another 1000 miles or so.. so far, i like the durablend.. next ill try PP or valvoline syn

Quote:

like i said before in my tacoma that i ran M1 syn 5w30 for over 40k miles deff had motor noises like ticking and etc.. since i switched to durablend 10w30 the noises are gone and my idleing is smoother.

Mike, how's that Durablend 10W-30 working out for you?
beer2.gif

PAO is not a very good lubricant... Especially at lower temps. PAO's only benefit is at extreme cold and hot temps (flow/oxidation stability) where a hindered ester would be a better lubricant than PAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back