4 stroke trimmers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked up the specs to the 324L. They're not horribly more heavy than Husqvarna's pricier 2-stroke units. The 324L is 11.2lbs, where the 2-stroke variants are ~9.5 to 11lbs.

I know when I had my little Troy-Bilt 4-stroke trimmer 10yrs ago, the oil sump was so tiny that a quart of oil would last years. It was like a 2-3oz oil sump. I personally would use any heavy-duty/fleet 15w40 in it, but a nice fancy bottle of boutique goodness certainly wouldn't break the bank given the micro-sump on these.

Originally Posted By: meep
those honda 4-strokes are great. We have a husq trimmer with the honda 4-stroke. It's about 4 years old now? I change the oil once a year with whatever synthetic is in the garage. It doesn't consume any. It can be operated at any angle due to a special donut-shaped holding area that collects and throws oil regardless of the position. Enjoy - it is an excellent piece of equipment.

Great to finally hear that. I was wondering how they sold a pole saw attachment for it. I rent right now and don't have to mow but I bought a house that has a nice yard. This is why I'm buying equipment. I grew up on a farm and used to mow alot. Been awhile since I held my dad's big echo trimmer but I used to run it for hours. I didn't think the one I got felt any heavier from memory.

Originally Posted By: Fastcompany
Ok got some oil. Got what the manual says with the recommendation of bike oil. Mobil 1 4T racing oil. Should have everything I need and 1 quart should do 3 oil changes lol.

Make sure when changing the oil not to overfill. The GX-25 should only have a capacity of around 3 oz, so you should be able to get about 10 oil changes for the trimmer from 1 quart of oil. I have owned a few different OPE with Honda GX series mini 4-cycles. I like those engines quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back