20w50

Local 20w-50 hdeo no. But you can use m1 15w-50 as its got an older diesel rating and a stout ad pack from Walmart. Can also get castrol gtx classic 20w-50 as it's also ad packed but it's only available online but walmart has the best price and ships for free if you buy two.

Local 20w-50 hdeo no. But you can use m1 15w-50 as its got an older diesel rating and a stout ad pack from Walmart. Can also get castrol gtx classic 20w-50 as it's also ad packed but it's only available online but walmart has the best price and ships for free if you buy two.
Thanks. I want to see some UOA of that 15w50 in a HD first.

Thanks. I want to see some UOA of that 15w50 in a HD first.
Look in the oil analysis thread there have been some posted. I'd stick to 20w-50 or 15-50 JavierH19 cited for your HD if it has a shared sump but if you wanted to run diesel get 15w-40 & make sure it has the Jaso spec.

Since it's not a common vis you may not find it on the shelf . You may have to order it from Walmart

20W-50 HDEO is tough to find in US. Here is another thread on same topic:
Mobil1 15W-50 is a great option. Apparently Mystik 15W-50 works great in Harley Davidson. Rotella T6 15W-40 is also commonly used in shared sump with great success.
Otherwise your best bet is Mobil1 V-Twin 20W-50.

Since it's not a common vis you may not find it on the shelf . You may have to order it from Walmart
I tried ordering Delvac 20w50 through Advance Auto, they don't have it. I don't think Mobil sells it in this country. It's not even available on Amazon.

People have been running 15/50 M1 for a long time. If you really want you might find some UOA in the oil section of HD Forums or here, but it is one of the "go to's".

Just now seeing that 20w50 VR1 Valvoline is Synthetic, may try that.
Silver bottle VR1 is conventional, Black bottle VR1 is synthetic.

Screenshot (4).jpgScreenshot (5).jpg

Have you thought about M1 20w-50 V-Twin? It’s made especially for what your wanting, and I liked it in my Harley.

High Performance Lubricants has a V-twin motorcycle oil in 20W-50.

Have you thought about M1 20w-50 V-Twin? It’s made especially for what your wanting, and I liked it in my Harley.

That - IMO V-Twin in the motor, Racing 4T in the primary and Redline Shockproof in the trans is the magic combination. but it is not the budget combo for sure.

Last edited:
That - IMO V-Twin tin the motor, Racing 4T in the primary and Redline Shockproof in the trans is the magic combination. but it is not the budget combo for sure.
That’s funny right there! That was the same exact combo that I ran in mine! In my Kawasaki I use the 4T.
I don’t know if all of the Orielly’s had/ has it marked down, but I picked up 4qts of the 4T this last weekend, and they had it marked down to $9.99 per qt. I think the 20w-50 was the same.

Back