CAM 2 SUPER HD 15W40 SYN BLEND CK-4/SN?

have you looked at chevron xle 400 ,15-40 diesel engine oil,,contact a dealer near by you,,,price maybe good with delivery,lots of truckers like this stuff, ,cam 2 i think is made/blended by smittys,,,,check on a citgo dealer if you may like a lower price for a good engine oil

Thats litterally this site in a nutshell and most people on here come for the blackstone results.

But hey, all the best to you!
I find it hard to speak for most people.. but I can speak for myself..
I come here the fun of pointing out that when a difference makes no difference,
people spend the extra money satisfying their own insecurities. :)

And? Why not address the technical point you’re trying to make? If you think you can add up the numbers on a spectrographic analysis and come up with some meaningful ranking then tell us why that’s possible. If you are making that assertion then surely you have some reasoned rationale for doing so, right?

Or do you just come here to make silly statements and then watch the circus than ensues?

have you looked at chevron xle 400 ,15-40 diesel engine oil,,contact a dealer near by you,,,price maybe good with delivery,lots of truckers like this stuff, ,cam 2 i think is made/blended by smittys,,,,check on a citgo dealer if you may like a lower price for a good engine oil
delo was $920, was also priced wolfs head at $880, kendall dxa was also $880, viscosity (the former case ih supplier) quoted $755

And? Why not address the technical point you’re trying to make? If you think you can add up the numbers on a spectrographic analysis and come up with some meaningful ranking then tell us why that’s possible. If you are making that assertion then surely you have some reasoned rationale for doing so, right?

Or do you just come here to make silly statements and then watch the circus than ensues?
I'm being helpfull and giving you their contact info so you can tell them they're wrong instead of some random person on the internet

Sinopec has 15w-40 diesel oil per 55 gallon drum,,free delivery when purchase 2 or more,,on sinopec web site store $599.00 ea,sounds like a good low price

I'm being helpfull and giving you their contact info so you can tell them they're wrong instead of some random person on the internet
It’s not a matter of telling them that they’re wrong.

You used rudimentary math to make an assumption on anti-wear additives, and that is just not how it works.

If you wanted to take a specific additive, say Zn, which is the proxy for Zddp, and compare two oils, that would be valid as a comparison of that specific additive. However, even then, the oil that had more ppm of Zn wouldn’t necessarily wear less. Some other product in a balanced formulation may be doing the job instead.

And that’s the point. You’re making bad assumptions based upon your own math, which doesn’t really mean anything. Unfortunately the statistics behind looking at large quantities of engines running an oil doesn’t really work out for anyone, folks on here like to look at the ppm/distance of typical wear metals to compare and contrast, and sometimes trends are observed. But they are casual trends. Not statistically proven.

You used rudimentary math to make an assumption on anti-wear additives, and that is just not how it works.

If you wanted to take a specific additive, say Zn, which is the proxy for Zddp, and compare two oils, that would be valid as a comparison of that specific additive. However, even then, the oil that had more ppm of Zn wouldn’t necessarily wear less. Some other product in a balanced formulation may be doing the job instead.

And that’s the point. You’re making bad assumptions based upon your own math, which doesn’t really mean anything. Unfortunately the statistics behind looking at large quantities of engines running an oil doesn’t really work out for anyone, folks on here like to look at the ppm/distance of typical wear metals to compare and contrast, and sometimes trends are observed. But they are casual trends. Not statistically proven.

personally, I think the statistics prove that a person using an oil with the appropriate classification and viscosity who follows the maintenance guidelines will get good service out of whichever oil they choose.

Rudimentary or not numbers dont lie.

Gulf- zn- 1370 ph- 1151 moly- 68 boron- 6 = 2595
Delvac- zn- 872 ph- 790 moly- 42 boron- 76 =1780

Delvac wins in boron, thats all.

Did it ever occur to you that 1ppm of boron does not equal 1ppm of Zn or P? And by the way, the Zn and P arrive together on the wear surface. Not as two different entities, so addition makes even less sense.

Boron with ZDDP provides lower wear than higher ZDDP, as I recall. @MolaKule did some write ups on boron many years back. He may be able to weigh in on the right ratios. As I recall, there is a sweet spot where synergistic benefits occur.

Your adherence to numbers not lying by doing meaningless addition is a fool’s errand.

We'll hafta agree to disagree. I like to side with what can be measured and you like to side with the processes that typically cant be measured. Theres many here on each side of the fence so the debates will rage on for years to come

We'll hafta agree to disagree. I like to side with what can be measured and you like to side with the processes that typically cant be measured. Theres many here on each side of the fence so the debates will rage on for years to come
No, what you are doing is completely useless and ignores any science that there might be in a $30 spectrographic analysis or typical values PDS. It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing, hafta or not hafta.

Yet you persist in this notion despite valid reasoning as to why it's silly. The only reasonable conclusion is that you're just trolling the board to watch the circus.

So?

You can compare golfers by height.

Doesn’t tell you how well they hit the ball, or play the game.

The ability to measure something doesn’t mean that a difference in that measurement has any significance in the performance of the oil.

You’re ascribing significance to a difference in those two numbers, when frankly - there isn’t any. That’s why you’re in conflict with so many people in this topic.

Last edited:
enlighten me in a nice, civil way on the science of it so I can a better understanding on your side of it please.

are you going to explain the api tests kschachn? We're a lot alike in our passion for oil and I'd like to hear you side of it :)

Understand completely. Shame was looking forward to hearing your expertise and knowledge you possess.

"Age shouldn't grant you respect without question."

Most of us are very familiar with the two web sites linked.

What data within those web sites are you attempting to point to? Please be specific.

If you're premise is that a $30 analysis or an oil properties PDS can tell you anything about the wear, anti-oxidant, metal inhibition, or frictional properties of a formulated oil, then you're sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
Back