Lucas 20W50, 36 quarts $66 delivered; Zoro

I'm thinking the same for the 0w40 in the Mazda....

I assume these Lucas oils are API approved?
Its approved, so I should not have an issue there. I guess what little research I have done on the voa (5w30 on bitog), very little info, but most opinions are the oils are nothing special. Personally im having a hard time with the value proposition. If there was more info on 0w40 id be make an easy buy.

So .. maybe bad news. I pulled the trigger on qty 12 of the 0w40 '6 pack'..

Got FedEx shipment notification and it's 1 tracking # , single package at 25lbs. So that lines up as being 12 bottles.

Guess it'll be a return
Let us know, I just pulled the trigger on a LOT of oil!

absolutely killer deal, fingers crossed it all ships

1705518733659.jpg

1705518755237.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: D60
So it's probably gonna burst everyone's bubble for this and the other thread.

Package came in from Grainger, and it was 25lbs, 12x 1Qt . (not 12x 6).

So I suspect Zoro customer support is giving out wrong information, and I'll be proceeding with a return

So I suspect Zoro customer support is giving out wrong information, and I'll be proceeding with a return
Thank you for updating, curious how zoro will handle the return, if you don’t mind letting us know it would save myself and others a boatload of time.

****. I just placed my order for a ton of stuff this morning. I had called Zoro customer service on Saturday and they confirmed it should be all the higher amounts as outlined on the website. Nothing will ship on my order for a while I assume so I have time to cancel if necessary. How are you going to return what you got?

I emailed Zoro customer support back on the initial thread where they confirmed I'd get 72 Qts, asking for another clarification, given I've only received 12.

On the order page, I also requested an order return with explanation that the "Per Unit" pricing on the website suggests I'm supposed to get 72Qt so the qty is wrong as the reason.

I may go ahead and request cancellation of the 15w40 144qt order due to ship in 2 weeks as well if it turns out this has all been erroneous information on the part of Zoro as I'm not the only one to have received confirmation on the order Qtys to be received (even have the screenshot in a previous post in this thread)

I just got notice that part of my order has shipped. It shows 14lbs for 36 qts of oil so it doesn't look good. I'll keep everyone in the loop.

Last edited:
I proactively called Grainger yesterday since it was noted that is who this actually comes from. They were not able to pull up my Zoro order so I called Zoro again. This time the gentleman who helped me said yeah that probably isn't 144 quarts. 12 quarts is what they will probably send. He agreed that is not what the website showed and what I ordered and that is should be the 144 quarts based on what is stated on the website. He stated the Lucas distributor selling this (he confirmed with me this is not Lucas themselves) has direct access to the Zoro website to enter things. Said it's almost guaranteed they just fat fingered something and entered it incorrectly. However it is a large number of things to have entered incorrectly as there are probably 15 Lucas oil listings on the website that are all for this crazy deal. I told him I wanted to be proactive about it and if that is the case I'll just cancel my order rather than have the incorrect item shipped and then I have to return. He opened a case and sent the distributor an email asking for clarification. He said I would receive the response. We shall see. So far everything is adding up to us not getting the larger quantities the website says and as such do not want this. I'll post again when I receive the response email from the distributor actually selling and sending this.

Last edited:
Back