2017 Harley Davidson Milwaukee-Eight 107 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see plug in fits my description to a "T"
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: blueglide88
Who friggin cares how a some of your foreign bikes perform? How "technologically advanced" they are? What's with all you a-holes with little ***** and internet muscles that just gotta [censored] on someone else's parade?

I can tell you how "water cooled" bikes dump a lot of heat on the rider in summer. My buddy has an st1300 and he HATES the heat from that bike on a hot day. Prolly why I don't see many gold things in mid-summer. And his bike might be "technologically" advanced, but he sure cusses when he has to adjust his valves or do anything that requires him to remove all that plastic fairing [censored] just to get at what he needs too.

When other manufacturers sell the amount of heavyweight motorcycles in the USA that Harley does, then tell me about how great they are. Right now, and for many many years people have voted with their wallets.

Every bike has it's good and bad points. Ride what you want and let others do the same. If you just gotta jump on the internet to [censored] all over some else's choice of rides, you're an a-hole. Nuff said.

^^^^ You got that right. You see that VSTAR 1300 below that I owned before the Road King?
It was BRUTAL in stop and go summer traffic as far as heat goes and a much smaller engine no less.
People for some stupid reason think a water cooled bike runs cooler.
Uhhh ... duh... no, water cooled bikes can be designed to actually run hotter, because they are water cooled and water cooled bikes transfer heat to the, guess, WATER! which then transfers it to the, guess again, RADIATOR!, which then transfers it to the RIDER when the darn radiator fan turns on and blows that god awful heat back to the rider and passenger.

Good god people, all engines make heat some of the worst offenders are actually water cooled engines when the darn fans turn on. My air cooled Road King, like all other bikes gets [censored] hot stuck in traffic but the heat goes whichever way the winds blows, my water cooled Yamaha blew the [censored] heat back on me and my passenger.
To Harleys credit on its water cooled bikes, another great design, with the radiators being away from the center of the bike, the hot air is blow away from the rider.

Lets face it, Harley bashers, either care not to own one, enjoy the features of their own bike more but most bashers cant afford one and just jealous for some reason. Its rare you see Harley owners ever bashing other bikes but ALWAYS see other bike owners bashing Harley, some with a passion. Think about that, I wonder if they bash their neighbors automobile with the same passion, I am sure they do.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dr2152
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
No, the IBR is 10,000+ miles in a week. Dude, just give up: a big-bore sport tourer is, obviously, an EXCEPTIONAL long-distance bike!

Wrong again.

You have now reached the point of covering your ears and hollering "LA LA LA LA LA!" like a 5 year old.

Must have learned it from you. When was the last time you rode 1,000 in 24 hours and what were you on?

Longest day was 650 miles on my Burg. The Iron Butt ride is next year...me on my Burg, my wife on her Pacific Coast.

This from Fuel Moto and posted on a HD forum ...

Stock Milwaukee 8: 80.87 hp, 98.55 torque.

Stock 103 HO: 77.66 hp, 92.17 torque.

Both sets of numbers are from Fuel Moto. The key is the max torque starts on the 8 around 2500 and continues to 5000 RPM.

Last edited:
That is a worthy improvement then, it's those four valves doing their thing keeping torque at or near peak through a large swath of the rpm range. Job well done by the Motor Company.

Depends on the bike and the engine type and dimensions. My Triumph throws off very little heat on a calm warm day at a stop light. But being a parallel twin the engine sits ahead of me a ways and near the front end of the tank. Now if it was a V or L twin, that read cylinder being further back would radiate hear nearer me.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Depends on the bike and the engine type and dimensions. My Triumph throws off very little heat on a calm warm day at a stop light. But being a parallel twin the engine sits ahead of me a ways and near the front end of the tank. Now if it was a V or L twin, that read cylinder being further back would radiate hear nearer me.

I would agree with that. I also assume you have an air cooled twin? Because if it has a radiator, the fan has got to blow the hot air backwards towards you.

Actually, no...if it is properly designed, the rider gets little or no radiator heat!

How about some examples. All of my water cooled bikes sent heat back at me.

Originally Posted By: blueglide88
Originally Posted By: Robenstein

I would agree with that. I also assume you have an air cooled twin? Because if it has a radiator, the fan has got to blow the hot air backwards towards you.

Yes, its an air cooled twin with an oil cooler out front, but with no fan on it.

Actually, no...if it is properly designed, the rider gets little or no radiator heat!

My Burg and my wife's Pacific Coast, off the top of my head. The PC, especially...someone at Honda spent LOTS of time in a wind tunnel designing that fairing. According to an owner, a Kawasaki Concours 1400 gives the rider very little heat.

My Burg and my wife's Pacific Coast, off the top of my head. The PC, especially...someone at Honda spent LOTS of time in a wind tunnel designing that fairing. According to an owner, a Kawasaki Concours 1400 gives the rider very little heat.

Your Burg is not a motorcycle. It is a scooter with the engine behind you. You need to talk with Concours owners or just read on their forums as heat is a problem. A lot of complaining about leg heat. My buddy gets a new one every other year and he always complains about heat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gman2304

When you enclose a motorcycle with body panels, it ceases to put a lot of hot air onto the rider, and it also ceases to be a motorcycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iDXCIzYTM4

^^^LMAO^^^

I acept your concession.

87k on her PC...absolutely zero repairs beyond normal maintenance. Oil every 3K, final drive oil every 3rd oil change, plugs and coolant every couple years, and ride it!

You value fashion over function...I pity you.

My VTR1000 gives off very little heat (this despite having the compression up to over 12:1, from the stock 9.4:1, which makes for a significantly hotter running mill) courtesy of the rad positioning. It must be said that this design is not the most efficient for cooling at very low speeds, but no issues with excessive heat, even on warm days... so it is possible...

Originally Posted By: MM1
Originally Posted By: gman2304

When you enclose a motorcycle with body panels, it ceases to put a lot of hot air onto the rider, and it also ceases to be a motorcycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iDXCIzYTM4

^^^LMAO^^^

A Triumph Rocket is the only other bike I can think of that looks that *****
smile.gif

They delete my posts and leave this one????? WTH????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back