$60k Harley Davidson?!!

There is some sort of intrinsic value in Harley-Davidson bikes that I've never been able to grasp. The allure certainly can't be build quality. My brother has two of them, and he spends most of his time on his knees in the garage fixing them. He has what's called a "primary" leak every other time we talk. No thanks... Especially for that kinda cheddar.

I spent about a decade riding motorcycles, all of which were smooth and quiet four cylinder Yamahas. The first and only time I've ever ridden a Harley, my immediate thoughts were, "Why would anyone want to ride one of these heavy, loud, and vibrating beasts?" The next week I rode a Goldwing, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. To this day when I see a Harley, I think of that one ride and wonder why people ride them.

There’s nothing insane about spending $60,000 on a motorcycle if you have $60,000 to spend.

Obvious the person who did the video in the OP post probably can’t afford a motorcycle at all.

I don’t understand the whole purpose of the post.
Other than the person sounds jealous he can’t buy a custom motorcycle. Just a lot of whining, and nothing else.

But I guess it’s a good thread for a bunch of ignorant remarks. 😙

why people ride them.
Turnkey admission into macho man club. It's a meme in my opinion.

I've written many estimates on these hogs and the owners were usually white collar dudes / mid life crises types. Bikes were low mileage and often damaged from dropping or "finding it lying on the ground". The prices for fenders, exhausts, and skull themed hardware is outrageous. $100+ for a 3 quart oil change? Nope.

Last edited:
I was at a biker bar in Olalla, Washington and a guy wore his leathers and chaps to the bar. But he drove his pickup truck there.

Funniest thing ever.

Harley culture is working a 9-5, driving home to your suburban house and then riding a few miles to a biker bar where you play a character.

I was at a biker bar in Olalla, Washington and a guy wore his leathers and chaps to the bar. But he drove his pickup truck there.

Funniest thing ever.

Harley culture is working a 9-5, driving home to your suburban house and then riding a few miles to a biker bar where you play a character.
Where I’m from, people dealing cocaine, running prostitution and committing murders have to ride a Harley as part of their « club » … why would anyone sane wish to play this character?

There’s nothing insane about spending $60,000 on a motorcycle if you have $60,000 to spend.

Obvious the person who did the video in the OP post probably can’t afford a motorcycle at all.

I don’t understand the whole purpose of the post.
Other than the person sounds jealous he can’t buy a custom motorcycle. Just a lot of whining, and nothing else.

But I guess it’s a good thread for a bunch of ignorant remarks. 😙
IDK, If I were to start talking about ignorant posts, I would perhaps refrain from assuming people’s feelings, financial status or the motorcycle type being discussed (it’s not a custom motorcycle).

I will be the first one to tell people not to worry how others spend their money, but this thread isn’t about that.

I also like Harleys and although I have not owned one yet, I’m would not mind a Fatboy or a Road King, maybe an ultra classic. I pretty much like all motorcycles, but there becomes a point where one has to wonder just how much more of “stuff” are you getting for the money.

Last edited:
Back