Lifted Trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find them to be very effeminate. Total girlmobiles. Around here mostly girls drive them. Covered in "Girls hunt too" and "Silly boys trucks are for girls" stickers,pink dear head stickers,pink headlights,pink rain boots hanging upside down behind the cab,and various other small town country girl wannabe paraphernalia.

Some can look good to me, if not 'overdone' etc....but not really my thing....but why even go there. People do what they want do with their money, and if its not against the law - it really isn't anyone else's business.

I personally like lifted trucks for a coolness factor and the big tires help in mud and soft sand. Also good for low speed deep snow. Just plain fun climbing up high into truck and sitting high. That said I don't have one and never have. Argument could be made why have a corvette. Speed limits won't let you use what it is capable of but again it's a coolness factor. For me it's not impressing others but kind of adrenaline rush being in it.

Originally Posted by tundraotto
Some can look good to me, if not 'overdone' etc....but not really my thing....but why even go there. People do what they want do with their money, and if its not against the law - it really isn't anyone else's business.

Um, ok... But when was the last time you saw a brodozer driver quietly and politely going about their business? I'm not sure I've ever seen one NOT cutting people off, tailgating, taking up multiple parking spaces or rolling coal. Your argument about "it's no one's business" kind of flies right out the 4" tailpipe in real life.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Ok, since it is your business … what's your business plan ?

Ridicule them on the internet and chuckle at their boyfriends' defensive comments?

My 2014 Tacoma has a 4 inch lift on 33 tires. My 2008 Tundra has 3 inch lift. I couldn't be happier with the choice to lift the vehicles. Both vehicles drive excellent especially the Tacoma as I completely gutted the suspension at 24000 miles on the ODO. On the 2014 the Nitto Trail Grapplers MT tires have over 76000 miles on them and still have at least 5/16 tread left. To get in the vehicles you just hop up in. To work underneath I use my creeper and I have plenty of room to inspect or do oil changes.

As far as noise with the trucks mine are fairly quiet. The MT tires on the Tacoma hum a little but the noise is similar to the hybrid Ridge Grapplers on the Tundra.

If I was to bring up a negative it would be the weight of the tires when I rotate them. The weigh about 100 lbs.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I find them to be very effeminate. Total girlmobiles. Around here mostly girls drive them. Covered in "Girls hunt too" and "Silly boys trucks are for girls" stickers,pink dear head stickers,pink headlights,pink rain boots hanging upside down behind the cab,and various other small town country girl wannabe paraphernalia.

I was going to say tons of girls around here with them.

My wife is one of 11 kids...(8 sisters, Holidays ore interesting to say the least) One of her younger sister picked up a big lifted Duramax. She makes sure to make fun of my stock truck at every opportunity. LOL.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Guys in lifted trucks tend to drive like jerks where I live.

Everyone around here tends to drive like jerks.

Worst I have seen lately was a cube car … so much for stereotypical comments

Happy Birthday

I won't lift the truck I'm in now.

I lifted my jeep GC because I couldn't clear some of the woop-dee-do's I'd crawl over to my favorite trail spot.... and enjoyed every moment of it. On my last truck, I raised the front an inch to halfway level it while leaving some "spring" in the back for towing, but regretted it later since it really hindered getting it balanced right with said towing, and cost me a cool 2 mpg when adding in the move from a 31" to 32" tire. But the truck I'm in now is too big for any kind of trail, two heavy to deal with if there was a trail whoopsie - it's just not suitable. 99% of the time, there is no "trail evidence" on the lifted trucks we see here. Any truck build for off road will run lots of tire and avoid the low-pro tires anyway. Part of my decision requires it also to be a DD, the mpg needed to stay up, and in its oem configuration it does what we need it to do.

Originally Posted by 4WD

Happy Birthday

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jeepman3071
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
IIRC it's called "signaling". Like a peacock, they are displaying their ability to accumulate giant amounts of debt/ have access to resources and hopefully attract a mate. The "feathers", in this case is a lifted-truck.
grin2.gif

Fixed.
grin2.gif

The alignment shop in the next town over hates them. He says the kids buy these, put cheap lift kits on them and they are impossible to get aligned correctly. When faced with bills to replace tires after 12k miles or suspension parts the vehicle owner usually flips out and causes a huge scene with his macho-ness in the waiting room and yells about work being too expensive.

I like how you post about others like you know their finances.

The vast majority of the lift jobs are done for the purpose of looking cool.

All the cool kids know that a fellow driving around in a non-lifted truck is a dork that is to be avoided at all costs.

Human nature for the young fellows, not much can be done about it.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
The vast majority of the lift jobs are done for the purpose of looking cool.

All the cool kids know that a fellow driving around in a non-lifted truck is a dork that is to be avoided at all costs.

Human nature for the young fellows, not much can be done about it.

That explains why they're always afraid to drive over a speed bump. All that girly bling will probably fall off.

So I take it this thread is about what drivers/vehicles annoy us. On that note, the most annoying vehicle/driver I can think of, is a local overweight highschool girl that drives around in her Nissan 350Z, with no mufflers. So it's slooooow, and loud enough to wake the dead. So if we're outside we get to listen to it straining to gain speed for a long time. Kind of like an open-pipe Harley. Everywhere she goes she's constantly revving the engine up near redline. I keep listening for the day the engine blows.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Originally Posted by 4WD

Happy Birthday

Thanks!

Happy Birthday!

Will you watch with the kids a U-boat movie?

P.S. by your opinion, what is the best Captain Nemo movie/movie sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back